SENSE Router Support

Options
System
System Posts: 130 Enthusiast
edited December 2023 in F-Secure Sense
This discussion was created from comments split from: Sense Support.

Accepted Answer

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @jaostman

Thank you for your post.

We want to inform you that the F-Secure Sense Router has reached its end-of-life phase, and as a result, the security features will be disabled by 31.12.2023. However, you can continue using the device as a router without any security functionalities https://community.f-secure.com/sense-router-en/kb/articles/29613-f-secure-sense-router-end-of-life-eol

To promote environmental responsibility, we kindly encourage you to recycle any unnecessary units in accordance with your local guidelines for disposing of electronic waste.

Additionally, after checking our system, I noticed that your F-Secure Sense Router has already been added to your F-Secure Total subscription. Therefore, the subscription period will align with the expiry date of your Total subscription.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a wonderful day.

Answers

• jaostman
    jaostman Posts: 14 Enthusiast
    Options

Does anyone have any news on when exactly the Sense app and router will lose all support?

I had my Sense router packed away for 6 months due to moving houses and now the app says that the subscription has ended. There does not appear to be any way to renew it or connect it to my existing Total-subscription.

I was in contact with customer service. They were able to check that the router is connecting etc, but it has ended up in some sort of limbo due to not being connected and my Total subscription renewing at the same time. The customer service said that the security features of the router and the app will end "sometime later this year".

They said they would be in contact regarding the issue with my router but I haven't heard anything for weeks.

I'm mostly wondering if there is any point to try and solve this anymore, if the router will be nothing more than a paper weight after the security features and app are discontinued.

• JOnes
    JOnes Posts: 462 Rock Star
    edited June 2023
    Options

Would you mind specifying: if the F-secure Sense Router has been added to Total subscription which applies until 1.1.2025 ,will the security functionalities of the Sense Router work normally until that..

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Thank you so much for your comment.

I wanted to let you know that starting from January 1st, 2024, the F-Secure Sense Router will function as a regular router without the additional security features. During this period, from January 1st, 2024 to January 1st, 2025, it will operate solely as a router. If you need more detailed information, please feel free to refer to the link provided in the previous comment.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Thank you again and have a fantastic day.

• JOnes
    Options

Thanks for the specification @Firmy

And what "happens" to those numerous sense clients "behind" the plain router(installed within sense secured network ) after 1.1.2024(up till 25).Will they be included automatically to the Total subscription(my.f-secure) where the secure Sense Router was originally added(max 25+x clients)

Thank you and have a clear and sunny day...

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Once the product reaches its End of Life stage, the additional security features, including the subscription that accompanies it, will no longer be available. Unfortunately, it will not be converted into a F-Secure Total subscription.

If you have any further questions or need more information, please feel free to ask. I'm here to assist you!

Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

• JOnes
    Options

Do you really mean that eg. a windows pc,installed with subscription sense(practically same software as in Total) had to be removed and reinstalled(and paid) after 1.1.2014 in order to managed by my.f-secure.com with subscription Total)??There should be the option of "calling home" in order to find those devices at the end-of life.Somehow I feel myself a little bit of betrayed with this...Five(5) devices Total licence to 30 devices licence in transition

• Firmy
    Options

Hello @JOnes

Thank you for your comment.

To address your concern, after December 31st, 2023, it is indeed recommended to remove the F-Secure Sense app from your device, as the security features will no longer be available. However, to continue protecting your machine, you can simply download and install F-Secure Total as a replacement.

The good news is that you won't have to pay for F-Secure Total, as your current subscription remains valid until January 2025.

If you need guidance on how to install F-Secure Total, you can find helpful instructions by visiting this link https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/total-windows/latest/en/task_CD3A8E6884B5487187B4B4F5DA124BB9-latest-en.

I want to assure you that the end of life for the F-Secure Sense router does not affect any other products or subscriptions you may have. It solely impacts the router itself.

If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here to help and would be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you once again, and have a fantastic day.

• JOnes
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well,The easier way for sense client user would be an automatic(without user intervention) update to Total client before 1.1.2024 and an uninterrupted experience.If I continue the Total substriction before 1.1.2025eg. for 2 years the clients in sense eol-transition will follow apparently.😎

If there is an active sense client (installed within sense substriction and network) and sense has been reset during years(client flush),how can I "find" it ??

There are at least three things you should concentrate more in your F-Secure products in the future: usability,usability,usability...

And @firmy: "don't forget to clear your cache and cookies before answering"😀

This discussion has been closed.