Authorization

Senior Advisor

Authorization

Greetings,

Every time I visit community it asks me to log in, Pleast somehow do improve it so it remember 

11 REPLIES 11
Superuser

Re: Authorization

Hi,

I am using autorefresh with firefox...

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

And i'm using Safari with out autorefresh...

I have the same problem. I have to log in every time I visit the forum. My browsers (Firefox 6.0.2 and IE 8) do not ask me if I want to remember my login credentials. This make me suspect that the login form somehow is not a "regular" or "plain" login form that the browsers recognises.

Is there a way to make the browsers remember my login credentials? OK, this is a security related forum, but all content is public after all. Remembering the login credentials for this site should not be a very big security issue...?

F-Secure Employee

Dear All,

thank you for all the comments.

We will now start working on the "Remember me" tick box in the login screen.

Regards,
Ania
F-Secure Community Service Owner

Twitter: @aniaciuba
--------------------------------
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Superuser

Hi Ania,

"Rememner me" is only one part of the problem.

Dropping the session ID after very short time of inactivity and the fact that the login screen still has two duplicate fields ("username" and "password") is the other

A "keep alive"  would help!

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

F-Secure Employee

Hi Matthias,

thank you for bringing that up,

I'll make sure it gets fixed.

Regards,
Ania
F-Secure Community Service Owner

Twitter: @aniaciuba
--------------------------------
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Supporter

Hello,

The problem is that your login page says to the browser that the browser shouldnt offer to remember the login information.

And I am having this problem as well, its annoying since you need to type your username and password every single time.

Supporter

Remember community password

I found a solution for this that works like magic for Firefox Smiley Happy:

https://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html#remember_password

Supporter

Re: Remember community password

**bleep**, it doesnt work properly, Firefox remembers the password but doesnt automatically fill it the next time you need to login.

Please fix this!!Smiley Sad