Update frequency of beta/technology preview release.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Update frequency of beta/technology preview release.

I am running the latest TR but as you can see, the signature updates are more than 2 days old.

Yet checking the latest database updates there have been signatures available during this time; http://www.f-secure.com/dbtracker/

Therefore;

1. Daily updates are only for the official gold release e.g at the present time, FS IS 2013.

2. I am receiving daily updates but the database versions are not showing correctly within my database version Window?Capture.GIFCapture2.GIF

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Update frequency of beta/technology preview release.

The databases (signatures) for paid version and beta are different. Nothing was released for beta during the weekend.

Senior Advisor

So does this mean that the beta/TR offer LESS protection when compared with the paid versions?

F-Secure

No. Beta users get better protection which might also be a bit unstable. Like I said earlier, we had a problem in the release system which caused no updates during the weekend.

9 REPLIES 9
Senior Advisor

I have also submitted a bug report to the beta channel with the corresponding diagnostic report (fsdiag.zip).

Senior Advisor

Just come through now; so updates NOT daily in the TP release?

Capture. 5 GIF.GIF

F-Secure

Virus and spyware definitions are updated only when we change something in them. Usually this happens 1-12 times every day. It's very unlikely that for the whole weekend there were no updates - we are looking into it now.

Senior Advisor

Any news?

F-Secure

There was a problem in our internal database publishing system and no beta databases were published during the weekend. This affected only beta users. The client works properly as far as we can tell.

Senior Advisor

Hi Ville

I am not sure what your post means; published=released?

Does it mean that signatures were available but only sent to the 2013 versions and not the beta? 

F-Secure

The databases (signatures) for paid version and beta are different. Nothing was released for beta during the weekend.

Senior Advisor

So does this mean that the beta/TR offer LESS protection when compared with the paid versions?

F-Secure

No. Beta users get better protection which might also be a bit unstable. Like I said earlier, we had a problem in the release system which caused no updates during the weekend.