cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS Protection PC Release 202

F-Secure

FS Protection PC Release 202

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

• Common Component Framework 3.02.174
  • Antivirus 17.202.123
  • Browsing protection 2.202.7041

New features:

• In case the web browser extension is not installed or enabled, the warning text on Main GUI acts as a link to open the help page with more info; in release 202, this text is always in English with an "arrow" marker shown before the text
  • On the Settings/Browser extensions page, there is a button opening the web browser on the Chrome Web Store page for installing the browser extension for Chrome; in release 202, this text of the button and its explanation are always in English with "arrow" markers shown before the texts
  • On Windows 10 Creator's Update ("Redstone 3"), Windows Defender Security Center (WDSC) will display status information of FS Protection, and the product's Main GUI can be opened from a link in WDSC

Fixed issues:

Antivirus:

• Antivirus not unregistered from Windows Security Center (CTS-99977)
  • Software upgrade required restart, deadlock in productinfo.dll load (CTS-100011)

Browsing Protection:

• User can add wrongly formatted address to allow list (CTS-100055, SAFE_BUG-01982)
  • Blockpage's allow button does not cause allowed page to load if url is plain http (SAFE_BUG-01945, CTS-99941)

• Adding search site to allowed sites prevents rating icon to show (SAFE_BUG-01964, CTS-99983)

• Network printing not working when Banking Protection is active (CTS-99942)

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
F-Secure

Re: FS Protection PC Release 202

Known issues, will be fixed later

"Log in" button in "My FS Protection" tab on the main UI does not work.

The same applies My FS Protection link in Family Rules tab.

You can open login page to your account from the task bar icon menu.

Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for release! 

Do you will accept reports with defaced UI? :)

If so: steps for repeat (at least with my system and before restart):

--> open Main UI;

--> switch to Tools-tab;

--> choose "Scan Options/Settings"-button;

--> with opening 'menu of abilities' (and with closing):

we do able to see 'original' state of css-settings for colors (or contrast is off) for left/top panels.

// just as addition: also possible to get this by 'opening' Help-menu under Tools-tab and choose any of options-strings. but more flashy.

I also want to add that:

""Adding search site to allowed sites prevents rating icon to show (SAFE_BUG-01964, CTS-99983)""

do work as fix for SAFE_BUG-01983 too (even such report is closed anyway). But looks like that it was indeed about one reason between them (or, at least, with TP202 already not possible to repeat it).

Thanks!

F-Secure

Hi @Ukko

The Halloween theme is just a beta thing, it will never be used in production, so it has some bugs related to the color inversion like you mentioned. We are not going to fix them, so no need to report them. Any bug reports not related to the colors / theme is still much appreciated.

(F-Secure R&D)

Supporter

Oh, so its Halloween theme? why did you do that? I'm not from Europe and also I'm not interested in European Culture:)
Superuser

With such situation possible to think that this is friendly deface by "Batman and the Vegetables" band (and based on their dress -> they do play something like "hardcore-punk" or maybe "glam-rock"). :)

And they did that just for fun (and some 'tries' to re-check customization abilities with beta-solutions).

But I also able to think that such situation can be strange. Even for Helsinki-based company.

Superuser

Dis it scare you Ukko  ?  😂

@betoche wrote:
Oh, so its Halloween theme? why did you do that? I'm not from Europe and also I'm not interested in European Culture:)

Hey,

Just nitpicking here but Halloween comes from the USA and isn't an original part of European culture

Superuser

@yeoldfart wrote:

Dis it scare you Ukko  ?  😂

me - not. and should not. :)

Aspirant

No issues or bugs so far, except the UI bug (already mentioned). Is there any way to turn off this halloween theme?

Edit:Grammer