Banking Protection popping up for no reason.

Highlighted
Supporter

Re: Banking Protection popping up for no reason.

Hmmm, now that you mention about the add ons.  I do have a couple.  But, I had those for quite a while and they never interferred before.   However, I recently(in the past several weeks) gotten iTunes.  And it looks like there's an addon for that.  But, its set to "Ask to Activate" and I've never had it ask me to activate it. 

If I reinstall FS, could you please help me & tell me how I would do that?  How or where do I get my subscription code? 

It's not really all that bad that its happening.  I just have to close it out, when it happens(which isn't hard to do).  And it doesn't happen all the time(just here and there).  But, since this is a beta, I thought I should mention it.  And I was curious to see if anyone else might experience this same thing.

Superuser

You need to reinstall by logging in to the Beta Portal then download and install from there, as you did before.  But first, I would try disabling some / all of your add-ons for a while, and see if that has any effect, or try a different browser for a while.

If you decide to reinstall, then initially, I would try just reinstalling over the top of the current installation.  If that fails, or doesn't fix the problem, then uninstall via Control Panel (Windows), reboot, and reinstall again. 

If anything goes wrong during the install process, or things don't work properly afterwards, then use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove the installation, reboot, then reinstall again.

I've sort of gone from the easiest option first, to the 'get out of trouble' option, but hopefully you won't get to that stage!  Smiley Very Happy

Incidentally, there's an update to FS Protection just come out, so we are now on TP132, which should be the installation in the portal. 

Good luck!

PS.  If you don't decide to reinstall, then at least send a bug report via the Beta Portal, and attach an FSDIAG from the Support Tool, so they can see what might be going on.  Smiley Wink

Supporter

Thank you Simon.  I decided to send in a Bug report with the fsdiag.  They are looking into it.  I'm still debating if I should try and reinstall or not.  Or maybe wait until I hear back on the Bug report.  But, thank you very much for all your help, I really appreciate it.  ... Smiley Happy

Superuser

Reinstalling isn't (or, shouldn't be) a big deal, but I think you're right to wait for a response from the bug report, in case it's something a reinstall won't cure, then you won't be wasting your time.