Using Your Products in Safe Mode

kimo2012
kimo2012 Posts: 1
edited February 2022 in Feature Requests

Hi There... I am not sure if anyone mentioned this yet but I have found that F-Secure will not work in Safe Mode or not for me at least. This is an idea that could be developed for future versions of your products. Sometimes it is the only way to get rid of a virus or malware or whatever. I have been testing the beta version on Windows 8 and I must say it has excellent prevention and no bugs I have discovered yet nor any crashes either. I have purposely put it against sites that I know has malware and it has blocked everything so far. I have it on a seperate drive so if something does get through then I won't lose very much.. only my time. So far I am very pleased.

0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

Comments

• Sami_Visti
    Sami_Visti Posts: 56 Former F-Secure Employee
    Hi Kimo2012, Thanks for submitting your idea on our community. Functionality in Safe Mode is limited on Windows. For that reason, creating a solid security solution that would work fully in Safe Mode has its limitations. For that reason, we recommend users that are running in Safe Mode to use our Online Scanner to scan for malware. Regards, Sami
  • Jaims
    Jaims Posts: 846 Former F-Secure Employee

Safe mode is a mode that starts only the crucial part and OS part that can secure the minimum required system environment. at that time, Our product will not be running.

Also, manually running the service will also failed. Therefore, it is not possible to run a manual scan in safe mode. 

This discussion has been closed.