Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

Supporter

Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

Hi, 

Due to the sad news for WPA2

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/severe-flaw-in-wpa2-protocol-leaves-wi-fi-tra...

Where are Sense on that part? Safe, or update on they way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Viite: Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

We're already working on a fix and we'll give you more info when we have it. 

Unlike most routers, SENSE’s firmware updates are rolled out automatically as soon as they’re available, so you can count on the update process being fast and painless.   

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Executive Member

Aspirant

I would like to see a specific statement or update change log, where the CVE's are listed. 

Aspirant

Me too. 

F-Secure, please provide us with clear and coherent information. According to the blog post linked above, we should consider getting a Sense router to stay safe from KRACKattack and the equivalent. Well, some of us already did. So are we safe yet or not? 

Aspirant

F-Secure, if you want to stay at consumer business and be profiled as a high security vendor, you have to invest also to the communication and response. Was this a surprise to you guys that people will start asking a) if they are safe b) release notes c) official response d) actual update?

Please take a look at the list for the big boys: 

https://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-router-makers-have-patched-krack-wpa2-wi-fi-flaws

PS. It might not hurt you to be included as "updated" in listings like this... 

FormerMember
Not applicable

Well sense is based on ddwrt so it might also be affected and needs an update.

And I can bet anything on that they are either working on releasing a fix or sense is not affected.

But a fix on sense side does not fix the client side of all wifi using devices which also need a fix if I understood the issue right.

Highlighted
Aspirant

Which is why people are installing MS and Android updates as well... 

Community Manager

We're already working on a fix and we'll give you more info when we have it. 

Unlike most routers, SENSE’s firmware updates are rolled out automatically as soon as they’re available, so you can count on the update process being fast and painless.   

View solution in original post

Supporter

Re: Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

Came here looking for an answer on this, too.  The announcement of this fix, when complete, should be sent via e-mail to all users, not just in a forum post.

Community Manager

Re: Sense & #KRACK #KRACKattacks

Hello Everyone,

We've created KRACK fix and we're currently putting it through quality control. We'll push the update out as soon as the testing is done.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.