SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

FormerMember
Not applicable

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

Which version of the firmware is thr newest and has the fixes?

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

Current production firmware is 2017-07-05_01 - p1.2.11.744, which is so far the latest one available.

 

I will announce the build version of the next release with the changes into DNS handling once it goes through the release cycle.  We are still wrapping up QA, unless we find anything critical we are aiming to release this within a week. There's a significant feature included that took time to put in place so the process for this one has been a bit slow.

 

Thanks for bearing with us.

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

A new update is now live, your devices should've updated themselves around ~4AM unless you've changed  the schedule.

 

The version visible in the app hardware settings should be 2017-09-13_01 - P-1.3.9.21

 

Please let us know if the fixes / changes we have made helped at all.

Aspirant

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

Thanks for the update!

 

I've only tried twice, but both times my Garmin watch has been able to sync after the firmware upgrade. It was occationally (but very seldom) able to sync previously as well, so I can't be fully sure it is fixed, but it looks good so far. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

Just got a connection failure with the Garmin watch... :-(

Former F-Secure Employee

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

Sorry to hear that, please let us know if the situation is equally bad as before or if it has improved at all.

We weren't able to exactly reproduce the specific issue, but we made some general improvements in these areas.

 

We'll need to keep working on this if our improvements had no effect.

Aspirant

Re: SENSE does not always respond to DNS requests

I am happy to report that new software version (Security software 2017-09-13_01 - p-1.3.9.21) seems to have fixed my problem.

 

I did a factory reset two days ago and connected WAN port directly my cable modem.

 

Sense has been on line for two days, without any problems, including loss of DNS. Previously DNS functionality was lost after 10 to 20 minutes.

View solution in original post