virus's imside Aquarius?

Aspirant

Re: virus's imside Aquarius?

fsdiag and screenshots sent to FS support 24  November 2013 and again on 29 Nov 2013. Other than auto reply giving ref SR ID:1-674799828 there has been no word since?

Aspirant

Also sorry if I have used the wrong board...where should it be posted please?

Superuser

If it's relating to F-Secure Internet Security, it should have been posted in Home Security > Security. But hopefully a moderator, or somebody from F-Secure will move it. :)
Advocate

Hmm, maybe you should try Online Chat or Call Support to get the current status of your support request.

Regarding the PST file I suggest you disable the preview pane in Outlook, then delete all e-mails you don't feel you have to keep. Infections are usually in attachments.

When you're done you need to compact the PST file (from the Outlook datafile properties)

Then go to windows explorer and right click the PST file and chose "Scan xxxxx.pst for Viruses"

If the PST is still infected, check out the link in previous post about how to find which mailbox is infected

F-Secure

Hi Archbishop!

I've moved your post to the correct board.

Have you reached Support by the other means suggested, or are you still needing our help?

// Chrissy

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thanks Crissy. Last few days of scans by Fsecure, Microsoft Security essentials and malware bytes have come out clean. I am worried at this since no action has been taken to remove anything? That previously the only time this multitude of viruses appeared was at the end of an fsecure scan...They were declared "quarantined" but nothing ever appeared in the quarantined folder. Over the past 6 months I have been splitting my pst file into smaller folders and losing a lot of them in the process...should hate to think this has all been caused by spurious notifications that have now inexplicably disappeared. Shall have to see what happens in future scans. BTW nothing has been heard in response to cases put to fsecure support and including the fsdiag file?

Scholar

My sucess short lived, fsecure is now finding this virus elsewhere...virus scan removal comes back failed and still no response from FS support

Advocate

Strange that you haven't heard from support yet considering you reported it a month ago now. And especially since your problem is of a more rare type with infections of F-Secure files also. Hopefully someone from F-Secure will see this tomorrow and get back to you!

What do you mean with comes back failed? Failed to quarantine or delete?

You mentioned a week ago that scans by Fsecure, Microsoft Security essentials and malware bytes have come out clean. Are you running realtime scanning with both Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE) + F-Secure? If so, that is not recommended as multiple real-times can clash with each other.

It's better to only have F-Secure with real-time and then use Microsoft Safety Scanner as an on-demand scanner, or at least turn off real-time scanning in MSE.

If you have been running MSE with real-time scanning the same time as F-Secure, have you checked the logs and quarantine of MSE? Maybe that has beat F-Secure in dealing with the infections?! I'm purely speculating now. 

Aspirant

Many thanks for your thoughtful response NikK

Machine is now only running F-Secure....I uninstalled the MSE and Malwarebytes last week.

Running a scheduled scan it has returned as follows; (The Quarantine folder remains empty) All viruses are contained in the fsecure aquarious folder.

Fsecure virus history.JPG

Superuser

Re: virus's inside Aquarius?

Which version of Windows is this?  I'm just wondering if something is lodged in the System Restore folder?