Windows XP Pro X64

Scholar

Windows XP Pro X64

Hello,

Does the new f-secure internet security/antivirus work well with Windows XP Pro 64 bits ?

What is the impact on system speed ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superuser

Re: Windows XP Pro X64

Hello,

> Windows XP Pro 64 bits

In fact, there is no such thing as Windows XP 64-bit. That OS is actually a re-tuned Windows 2003 Server OS with a fake version screen. Microsoft produced it as an ugly hack, because their Vista release was much delayed.

Unofficially, I have run FSAV for Servers 9.00 on "WinXP64" for a test environment.

I don't know if the newer FSAV ESS 9.20 would still install on XP-64? May be worth a try technically speaking, but the problem with legality of licencing needs to be solved for production environment use!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

2 REPLIES 2
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello ErnstOtto,

Only the 32 bit version of Windows XP is supported. However for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 platforms both 32 bit and 64 bit versions are supported.

Best Regards,
Jouni

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Superuser

Hello,

> Windows XP Pro 64 bits

In fact, there is no such thing as Windows XP 64-bit. That OS is actually a re-tuned Windows 2003 Server OS with a fake version screen. Microsoft produced it as an ugly hack, because their Vista release was much delayed.

Unofficially, I have run FSAV for Servers 9.00 on "WinXP64" for a test environment.

I don't know if the newer FSAV ESS 9.20 would still install on XP-64? May be worth a try technically speaking, but the problem with legality of licencing needs to be solved for production environment use!

Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.