Which version of F-Secure Security Suite?

Aspirant

Which version of F-Secure Security Suite?

My ISP has provided F-Secure Suite as a service to its customers. How can I determine which version we have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Which version of F-Secure Security Suite?

Hi Kerygma,

The Charter Security Suits is similar to F-Secure Internet Security Suit and is different from the Client Security.

Client Security is a Corporate version.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
5 REPLIES 5
Superuser

right click the Tray icon -> info

you should see a screen similar to this

F-Secure Client Security 9.01 build 122

F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.20 build 16071
F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 4183
F-Secure User Interface 9.23 build 6978

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks, Matthias. The information I received is:

Charter Security Suite 9.01 build 105

F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.10 build 15261
F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 3737
F-Secure User Interface 9.01 build 5078

So, I'm assuming that the version of F-Secure Client Security that my ISP has provided is a reasonably recent one (not the latest obviously... but still fairly recent). That makes me feel a little more protected. I appreciate the help provided here and in the Facebook page. It means a lot to know that F-Secure cares... something my last security suite company seldom demonstrated. Again, much appreciated.

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kerygma,

The Charter Security Suits is similar to F-Secure Internet Security Suit and is different from the Client Security.

Client Security is a Corporate version.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thanks, Ben, for the information. I suppose what I was really trying to do (and the answers provided here in the forum gave me that information) was to determine whether or not the F-Secure Security Suite provided by my ISP (Charter) was sufficient for my needs. My wife and I are wirelessly networked together. We're both on our computers a good amount of the day for social as well as business needs.  It's important to us (and most internet users) to be as safe while online as possible. I don't mind paying for this sense of security and peace of mind. Previously we had used a well-known and higly-touted security suite but our subscription was about to run out and frankly I did not appreciate the lack of client support offered by this company. So I decided to try the security suite offered by my ISP until such time as I could find a company more attuned to my needs than the one I had just left. However, it appears that the F-Secure Security suite offered by Charter is an adequate one that will protect us and not be a resource hog and slow us down. So far I"ve been impressed with the level of support offered here and on Facebook. As for the program itself, scans are done in a reasonably fast fashion and a check with grc.com indicated that we were both operating in full stealth mode... a good thing. It would appear that I don't need to change anything at this juncture. Thanks again.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Kerygma,

Thank you for your reply.

We are glad to hear that the information provided helps.

Best Regards,
Jayson

F-Secure Community Moderator

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein