Self writing computer

Aspirant

Self writing computer

When I - on my other computer - enter a field to write eg. password, URL's, word processor, spread sheet anything that requires awritten user input, the machine starts to write 4's just if you press the 4 constantly. I have tried to disconnet the keyboard, to update and run the F-Secure anti virus, but nothing helps.

What to do?

Thx in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: Self writing computer

OK, problem solved.

The story goes as last week I was away on a business trip. The kids in the meantime had printing problems, so while fumbling with the printer connections they plug in a second - stowed away - keyboard, God knows why, but the keyboard gets stock with pressure on the numeric 4 button. 

No wonder why F-S couldn't find anything.

Thank you for your affords.

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser

Hi,

while I would try a different keyboard first, why do you think this problem is related to F-Secure?

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

The computer writes even without keyboard, and I'm not saying it is related to F-Secure, but an F-S scan can not find anything. It all started when I accepted a 'Plug-in needed' message in Google Chrome when I was entering Facebook.

Superuser

Hi,

use the F-Secure Recuse CD from ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools

to scan the system

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de

Aspirant

It seems to be a longer process, will return tomorrow.

Thx for now.

Aspirant

OK, problem solved.

The story goes as last week I was away on a business trip. The kids in the meantime had printing problems, so while fumbling with the printer connections they plug in a second - stowed away - keyboard, God knows why, but the keyboard gets stock with pressure on the numeric 4 button. 

No wonder why F-S couldn't find anything.

Thank you for your affords.