How can i set password protection for my F-Secure IS browser protection settings?

Superuser

Re: How can i set password protection for my F-Secure IS browser protection settings?

I find it quite amusing that you want to use Parental Control to actually control parents! Smiley Very Happy Usually it's parents controlling kids! Smiley Wink

Anyway, I agree that F-Secure doesn't have all the features of other suites, and the Parental Control feature is hardly worth having as it relies too heavily on using Windows user account restrictions.

That said, there are a lot of people who probably wouldn't use all of the features included in other suites, and may prefer F-Secure as it lacks stuff they don't need. Maybe the product isn't ideal for families where restricted use is a requirement?

I've tried all the other main suites, though, and none run as smoothly as F-Secure on my machines. I guess it's all down to what you want from a security product.

Aspirant

Re: How can i set password protection for my F-Secure IS browser protection settings?

In fact, i don't have neither childrens nor parents to control :) It was only a discussion about the things that IMHO lacks in FS :)

If i continue to use it, it's for his excellent malware detection :)

Superuser

OK, well maybe you could post your thoughts in the Feature Requests section.  F-Secure do read them.

Highlighted
F-Secure

Hi Mick,

The idea is to allow the Administrators to be able to perform the changes while at the same time simplifying the interface. In general, for security purposes, it is recommended not to give Administrative rights to every account on the system. If you were to have kids at home, and they were using an account with administrative rights, any infection which might get thru would be able to affect the whole system. This wouldn't be the case for non-administrative accounts as they would not have write access to system folders.

At the same time, users of accounts with administrative rights could find a way to uninstall the security program all together thus removing the parental control feature and antivirus all together.

Regardless of the above, you could place a post under Feature Requests, if you have not done so yet.

Regards,

Tags (1)