FIS 2012 -- longer shutdown problems

Re: FIS 2012 -- longer shutdown problems

@alconsvr wrote:

"I still notice that FSIS 2012 "hangs" during shut down. Specifically, a window pops up and says that the "DLL Hoster" is not responding -- window gives you the option of terminating the process manually."

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Time to shutdown was anything up to 5 mins. Installed UPHClean from Microsoft and the shutdown is back to normal. Still get the DLL Hoster message but kill it.

Just add this issue to all the others. Can't believe this is the same software team that wrote IS2011/2010 etc

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6676

I just installed UPHClean. F-Secure DLL Hoster message still appears at shutdown.

Big Pete said: I just installed UPHClean. F-Secure DLL Hoster message still appears at shutdown.

Did UPH Clean make the shutdown time quicker?

@alconsvr wrote:

Big Pete said: I just installed UPHClean. F-Secure DLL Hoster message still appears at shutdown.

Did UPH Clean make the shutdown time quicker?

Not for me. For me, the shutdown length depends on whether I kill the error message(s). If I kill the messages, shutdown happens immediately after the message(s) disappear. If I let the messages resolve on their own, it usually takes 30 seconds to a minute until shutdown occurs.

Scholar

Sounds like a new virus for F-Secure don't you think? I got one as well. Every time I close the message, the system will crash in a second. 

I just upgraded to Internet Security 2013. The shutdown problem is still there. On shutdown, a window pops up saying that "DLL Hoster" is not responding. I have to click "OK" to kill the process. I thought this would have been fixed by now.

Running Windows XP Pro SP3

Senior Advisor

maybe time to go to (at least) Windows 7?

Just saying....

Janiashvili wrote:

"maybe time to go to (at least) Windows 7?

Just saying...."

Janiashvili-

Thanks for the suggestion, but that really doesn't help anything. This is a cross-platform problem. On Jan 24, 2012, RedBrain complained of the same problem in Windows 7.

And even if the problem wasn't cross-platform, you don't agree that software should work properly in all supported OS's?

Senior Advisor

BigPete

It was joke, forgive me please if I offend you;

Yet, it should work properly in all supported OSes, that's why it is Supported
Highlighted

Janiashvili-

No apology necessary, although I appreciate it! Your comment didn't offend me. Just a misinterpretaion on my part.