FF 5.0 & Browsing Protection

RmB
RmB Posts: 8 Enthusiast

Hi!

Firefox 5.0 has just been released. As usual when new version is released, browsing protection is not supported. Is there update coming soon? Thanks!

Comments

• hollygun
    hollygun Posts: 5

Any new info about Browsing Protection Toolbar and Firefox 5?

• RmB
    RmB Posts: 8 Enthusiast

Nothing so far..

• Stephan
    Stephan Posts: 340 Influencer

Hi,

sorry for the late reply on this topic.

I do not have the information at hand.

We will get back to you shortly. Sorry for the delay!

Best regards,

Stephan

• Handries
    Handries Posts: 25 Observer

Just installed F.F. 50, and noticed that the version listed in the add-ons folder is: " Browsing Protection 1.10", which is the one that's not compatible with this browser.

Hopefully this will be updated soon, as I'm missing this extra feature of Shaw Secure (rebranded version of F-Secure).

Thanks

• Siltanen
    Siltanen Posts: 61 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Everybody,

Our current estimate for Browsing Protection support for Firefox 5 is July 8th 2011.

• Hexo
    Hexo Posts: 240 Active Engager

Woh, 8th of July,

this is a long time...

What are you planing for the future? Mozilla will release faster the FireFox version? We have to wait every release about two weeks for the update?

Greetz

• MJ-perComp
    MJ-perComp Posts: 432 Superuser

Seems the transition from Gecko 2 to Gecko 5 causes unexpected problems. Concerning the future,this is what we received:

We're aiming for a proactive approach, where development and testing is done with beta versions, plus extra days for testing with the Firefox RTM version.

BR

• MJ-perComp

Hi,

the release candidate for the new BP is available inside the manual update package which you can download from
    http://download.f-secure.com/latest/beta/fsdbupdate9.exe

Please report any glitches/problems immediately.

BR

• MJ-perComp

Hi,

It seems this is still not the announced Plugin, although it has build Number 5604

The FF.Installer still limits to V4.*

Sorry for the confusion!

BR

• Hexo

Ok, then we have to wait for the 8. of July.

Trotzdem Danke ^^

• Jani64
    Jani64 Posts: 1
    Kiitos Smiley Very Happy
  • MJ-perComp

This was sent to Corp-Beta-Updates:

(hope it works this time ;-) )

------------

There's a new Browsing Protection release candidate available

This release contains improvement in terms of security and Firefox 5 support

The visible version string is "F-Secure Browsing Protection SW Update 2011-07-07_01"

The update is distributed through the policy manager which has been configured as specified in the instruction page: http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA-Labs/beta-programs/business-users-beta/beta-update-channel/instructions.html

Manual installation packages for all current release candidates are available as follows:
    on windows:
    for 9-series in
    http://download.f-secure.com/latest/beta/fsdbupdate9.exe

on linux:
    for 9-series in
    http://download.f-secure.com/latest/beta/fsdbupdate9.run

The executables are self-installing on a system with the appropriate F-secure client. These manual installation packages also contain other engines we currently have in a release candidate state, which are due to production later.

For any feedback regarding the update or the beta program, please send them through [email protected]

Thanks and Best Regards:
    F-Secure Labs

• VM
    VM Posts: 2 New Member

if this is beta, whens the final relealise?

• Siltanen
    Siltanen Posts: 61 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Our current estimate, if no problems are found during the beta testing, that we'll release the final version by the end of next week. I will let you know once we start deploying the final version.

• Handries

Just checked under: "About", and I noticed that today browsing protected has been update to SW1.10 build 5617, which is now compatible with Firefox 5.0.1, and is working perfectly with that browser.

Thanks.

• MJ-perComp

Right, it was released this afternoon. Thank to everyone who took time in testing.

ChannelUpdate: F-Secure Browsing Protection SW Update 2011-07-12_1

from "About":

F-Secure Browsing Protection/SW 1.10 build 5617
    F-Secure Browsing Protection/ES 1.10 build 1039

This version is for FF 5.*

• Hexo

It seems, that everything is working fine with the addon. Thank you F-Secure!

Now... I need the addon for the Chrome Browser and F-Secure is perfect ^^

• Hexo

So, i have read on some IT-News pages, that the FireFox 6 will release next week.

Works the Browser Protection already on the FF6??

Greez

• MJ-perComp

Sure, the beta FSDBUTDATE9.EXE has the FF6 plugin for a week or so already (see post on 07-07-2011 10:15 PM ). The release will moste likely only happen when it was tested against FF6 RTM, i.e. in bets case the same day.

----

There's a new browsing protection release candidate available

This release contains support for Firefox 6 (beta)

The visible version string is "F-Secure Browsing Protection SW Update 2011-08-08_01"

The update is distributed through the policy manager which has been configured as specified in the instruction page: http://www.f-secure.com/en_EMEA-Labs/beta-programs/business-users-beta/beta-update-channel/instructions.html

Manual installation packages for all current release candidates are available as follows:

on windows:
    for 9-series in http://download.f-secure.com/latest/beta/fsdbupdate9.exe

The executables are self-installing on a system with the appropriate F-secure client. These manual installation packages also contain other engines we currently have in a release candidate state, which are due to production later.

For any feedback regarding the update or the beta program, please send them through [email protected]

Thanks and Best Regards:
    F-Secure Labs

BR

• Handries

Thanks Matthias,

That latest update of "fsdbpdate9" did the trick for me and updated my virus definitions completely today.

Earlier they were 8 days old and I was unable to update them.

Does this also mean the automatic update on my Shaw Secure will work again?

• MJ-perComp

Hi,

most likely not, because fsdbupdate will always update evrything (that is why it is that big)!

OTOH the fix might already be in testing and if so it could be included as well. Just report back tomorrow.

www.f-secure.com/dbtracker should tell you the latest updates and if you compare those with the downloads of AUA you know where you are.

Please let us know.

BR

• MJ-perComp

Hi,

just create a fsaua.cfg

log_level=debug
    debug_level=9

reboot, reproduce,

debug_level=0

reboot.

mannually send fsaua.log and fsaua.dbg together with FSDAIAG.TAR.GZ to SHAW's support.

BR

• Handries

Hi Matthias,

It seems that I was mistaken in my previous post as I did find: "fsaua.cfg" under programs, and I opened it with Notepad.

But all I could find listed was:

log_level=debug

debug_level=2

You mentioned in your last post that I should add certain lines, does this mean that these replace the above.

Please, let me know, as I want do do things right and am not too familiar with these things..

Thanks

• MJ-perComp
    Yep, these are the lines. set the level to 9, later back to 2
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info