F-Secure Internet Security Trial

I downloaded a trial copy of IS 2013 on 13 Feb and during installation by my phone company of Fibre Optic system on 15 Feb the trial version copy was uninstalled.  Now when I try to re-install the trial, on screen message says since already been installed once on computer cannot do again without purchasing. This seems a bit unreasonable considing the short period of trial- which was only terminated due to technical changes beyond my control. 

Comments

• Jagadesan
    Jagadesan Posts: 116 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi tuanton,

With regards to your problem, I would suggest you to open a Support Ticket:
    http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact

Once you have open a SRID kindly update me so that I can help to solve your issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• tks for prompt response. will do.

• Unfortunately Support not too helpful.  Advised to use alternative email address and download fresh trial copy.  Obviously not familar with their own product to know that can't download onto same computer.  Tks for trying to resolve for me but I think I have to look for alternative trial.

• ElseH
    ElseH Posts: 107 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Tuaton,

Just contact again with the support if you already have your support ticket open. You should get help with any problem you might have with the product. Give your feedback replying directly to your support ticket and you will get the solution.

Thanks you for your comment and feedback.

Cheers!
    ElseH
    F-Secure Community Manager

• When you refer to open ticket what exactly do you mean.  I filled in the support contact application, is this a 'ticket'. Thanks

• Jagadesan

Hi tuanton,

Once you have open a case with us, the agent would have sent you an email. Please refer to the email and let us know the SRID number stated in the email subject. By you providing us the SRID number I can take over the case and help you to solve the issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• OK thanks, now I have it.

SRID  1-549222321

btw  I notice that there is a new 'edition' of IS released this week. .

• Jagadesan

Hi tuanton,

With regards to your problem, I have send you an email on the steps to perform. Kindly follow the steps and update us on the outcome.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Jagadesan

• Many thanks for your call and your email.  I had previously uninstalled but have run the tool also.  I have not yet tried an new install, at present I have a temporary free antivirus installed pending a decision on Internet Security program. My PC is being modified this weekend and if I install the F-Secure now, I may lose it again when the work is carried out on my PC.   I  also notice from the F-Secure website that a new version of Internet Security has been released - do you know if this will trial or is it just for purchase.  I understand the new version has improved banking so would prefer to have the latest copy.

I am most grateful for your indulgence and considerable help and would welcome your further views either by email or forum.

• Successfully installed new trial and working well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info