Constantly losing connectivity on Freedome

Options
MarkWyn
MarkWyn Posts: 1 New Member
edited April 19 in F-Secure VPN

Hello,

I've used Freedome for 3 years, this past 12 months the service, I must say it, has been absolutely awful.

I don't see why I should renew my F-secure subscription for another year. There is nothing that can be done, on F-Secure's end, as no one is going to check the networks just because, I, am having a problem, every device suffers this problem, phones and PCs, internet connectivity just disappears, yet Freedome remains connected. It's not my internet because as soon as I turn Freedome off, bang, internet back immediately. The service is terrible, and presently unusable.

I held out because of the first 2 years of it working good, but 12 months of this nonsense has really been frustrating.

Nothing more infuriating that discord, games, web pages constantly connecting and disconnecting, no matter if I connect to Oslo, Copenhagen, Dublin and other locations.. it matters not.

I'd sooner renew a subscription to a bout of IBS than an F-Secure VPN service

Answers

• NoUseForAName
    NoUseForAName Posts: 9 Explorer
    Options

I have to agree with you. I haven't had any issues with freedome for some years of use but something has changed in the last year.

No matter whether I'm using a windowws laptop, windows desktop or android phone and whether the connection is via physical cable connection, wifi or mobile 4G/5G, I have had daily connection errors at least half an year now.

The solution to me is also the same, disconnect vpn and the connection problems are gone.

• CarolinaC
    CarolinaC Posts: 83 Moderator
    Options

Hello @MarkWyn ,

thank you for contacting us here on Community Portal.

We understand how frustrating it can be when the program does not perform as it should and we sincerely apologize for it.

To address this issue, we highly encourage you to renew your subscription and update to the new version of the F-Secure App. Our team has been working to improve the functionality and reliability of our VPN service, and we believe that the latest version will provide a much smoother experience for you. We will keep you updated on the progress of these efforts and any updates that are made to the system.

We also want to reassure you that your satisfaction is our top priority. If you find that our service still does not meet your expectations, despite the updates, we offer a 30-day-money-back guarantee.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to resolve this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach to me.

Best regards!

• teaneedz
    teaneedz Posts: 16 Enthusiast
    edited April 25
    Options

The new app has some issues but I'm sure the team is working on them.

• Dork
    Dork Posts: 3 Observer
    Options

I have the exact same problem but for me it started about two weeks ago. Been using it for years no problem until then but now it's a mess.

• Dork
    Options

And the problems go away when I turn Freedome off as well.

• Firmy
    Firmy Posts: 1,702 Community Manager
    edited April 27
    Options

Hello @MarkWyn @NoUseForAName @teaneedz @Dork

Welcome to the F-Secure Community. Thank you for your comment.

We have found the root cause and the workaround to the issue. We recommend you check the original thread.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you and have a good day.

• Kayus002
    Kayus002 Posts: 1 New Member
    Options

having downloaded the “new” app with apparent bug fixes , I still lose internet connection as most people have mentioned already. Even after doing the netcfg -d command numerous times, it’s starting to feel like a hopeless situation unfortunately.

• Dork
    Options

Disabling the Kyber support in Chrome as suggested in the original thread seems to have improved things, thanks.
    Maybe I should have tried another browser but to a normie, seeing a problem appear and disappear when turning VPN on and off doesn't suggest browser problem :o

Product & Pricing Info