How do I collect quarantined files?
In the event where you need to submit quarantined files to our analysts for further investigation, follow the steps below.
- Log on to your computer with administrator rights.
- Download the F-Secure Quarantine Dumper tool: https://download.f-secure.com/support/tools/fsdumpqrt/fsdumpqrt.exe
- Run the executable fsdumpqrt.exe. Enter your administrator credentials when the User Account Control appears.
- In the command prompt box, press Enter to read the license terms.
- Press E to allow the tool to start collecting quarantined files. The collected files are saved in a password-protected archive on your desktop with the name malware_samples.zip.
- Press any key to exit the tool.
- Submit the zip file in your next reply to our analysts.