Community Manager
Chrissy

F-Secure Community gets a facelift! New features, too!

Valued Community Members,

We would like to introduce you to the redesigned F-Secure Community, and walk you through a few of the improvements.

To simplify use of the forums and knowledge base, we’ve overhauled the look and feel.  Some of the changes include:

-           Reducing the header and footer, and making the search field more prominent

-           Adding bold and vibrant colors in places where actions are required

-           Improving overall legibility

-           Making the design lighter and more modern

-           Personalizing the kudo image

We’ve also added new features that simplify how you upload and organize images.  You can now:

-          Organize images into albums (Private and Public albums are available by default)

-          Upload up to 10 images at a time, and create albums at the same time

-          Edit a name, description or tag of your images

-          Scroll through album images with a carousel slider

-          Interact with other users’ public images by viewing albums, giving kudos or posting comments

-          Edit or crop your avatar

And don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about browsing from your phones and other modern devices – improving the mobile experience in next on our agenda, so stay tuned!

And do let us know what you think of the changes – we’re always happy to hear from you!

All the best,

// Chrissy

Community Manager

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Honored Contributor
Simon

Re: F-Secure Community gets a facelift! New features, too!

It's nice to see the forum being moved forward. As I've said elsewhere,
I can't say I'm all that keen on the new F-Secure colour scheme, but I expect it will grow on me. :smileyhappy:

I like the sound of the new features, and the improved images management sounds like a great idea, but I'll have to wait until I'm on the PC later to try it.

I note that some functions, such as Macro insertion, is still not available when using a mobile, even on the Full interface. Is that something being worked on?
Honored Contributor
Blackcat

I am with Simon on the new color scheme; sunglasses definitely needed!

Honored Contributor
NikK

I like it! No problems with the colours, but some problems with functionality and layout:

1. The search function doesn't show what I type, very confusing!
  2. The search function might be hard to find, especially if you have a bookmark to go directly to a specific board.
  3. Sticky posts/threads looks like regular ones, they are hard to identify now.
  4. Font sizes etc are unnecessary large and there's too much empty space between threads and rows. The Kudos column is back in listing views which takes up unnecessary space, to the cost of the Subject column being split to multiple lines.

I've tested in both IE and FF and in the Security board I can now only see 1-2 threads besides the sticky ones (without scrolling). If I change the zoom level from 100% to about 75-80% then I can see as many threads in one page as I did with the old layout.

Community Manager
AniaC

Thank you All for feedback, valid points! We'll make some adjustments to improve the spacing, search and outlining floated posts. Much appreciated.

Regards,
Ania
F-Secure Community Service Owner

Twitter: @aniaciuba
--------------------------------
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Honored Contributor
NikK

Sounds great!

I noticed that what I type in search is visible again now :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Advisor
baroque-quest

I am not a fan of your new Communities site.  Once there, if I use the Back button or go to http://community.f-secure.com/, I am trapped there.  Under "OUR COMMUNITIES" there are no communities!  And if I press the F-Secure logo at the upper-left, I am not returned to www.f-secure.com as I would expect.  Now I am forced to return to F-Secure's homepage and find communities via Support -> Go to communities.  All of this is using IE11.

Esteemed Contributor
Ukko

[ Edited ]

Link for F-Secure website - able to get from "down" of community page :smileyhappy:

Which without big differents between two logos "for community" and "for website".

Maybe it indeed should be with something more... than just "description" during target.

Because... I also thought around... "top-picture" like "link" for website.

Honored Contributor
Simon

[ Edited ]

I agree, there should be a link to the main F-Secure website at the top of the page on here.  The pink logo at the bottom will take you to it, but even that isn't obvious until you try it.

Honored Contributor
Simon

I've discovered another issue with the new skin.  Unfortunately, I can't produce a screenshot at the moment, but in the mobile interface, some posts (new posts?) have a blue background, which is virtually the same colour as hyperlinks, making the links themselves invisible.  I was looking at this excellent post by NikK yesterday, on my phone, and couldn't see any of the links!