100 years

yeoldfart
yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

my congratulations and best wishes for the celebration of Finland 100 years of independance: long live Finland !

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Oh, wow!  Congrats, guys!  Tell us in the UK how you did it!  ;D

• yeoldfart

Hello Simon

are you Scott, Welsh ?   Smiley LOL

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

English, but as you may be aware, we are trying to escape from the EU at the moment, and making a bit of a hash of it.  Smiley Very Happy

• yeoldfart

when I've been working in UK I often heard "we british are different" seems to be still the case decades later Smiley Happy oops we're off topic Smiley Wink

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Simon wrote:

English, but as you may be aware, we are trying to escape from the EU at the moment, and making a bit of a hash of it.  Smiley Very Happy

Hello,

Sorry for discussing such points. :)

But if so, you can not to ask Suomi about experience (except.....):

-  because if you compared current 'Hundred years'-count of Republic of Finland independence to UK-relation with EU - it's wrong.

With such comparison: Suomi's independence was 'alwaysOR already more than two hundreds years.

But I feel that it's good try to escape from the EU (for UK). Even current president of Iceland support it (and do it right). :)

While comparison between current one-hundred-date of Finland independence indeed more valid for "potential independence maybe for already pretty independent and identity/originality Scotland/Wales (/England) countrylands which covered by United Kingdom"-situation.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.