f secure internet security

hi all

when i run a scan the scan never finds internet cookies and have to use another program

to remove the cookies

have tried with internet explorer 11 and firefox same results with both

i do have remove cookies box ticked in settings

any suggestions

thanks

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

F-Secure IS have feature about automatic-remove tracking cookies (just tracking and just "if F-Secure" marked as tracking) under real-time scanning settings.

So... basically it's should be work and "tracking cookies" removed by real-time "feature". It's mean - when you use browser.... "tracking cookies" removed during "created".

F-Secure without features about "remove cookies" (I also use another software for clean cookies, because default cleaning by browser settings not enough) as scan results.

I also ask about one of tracking cookies (they marked it on web-site description as "tracking", but it's not removed from my systems).... and they answered.. that it's not "tracking" (not "tracking cookies").

And page with "description" - where it's visible.. that current cookies (from source) should be removed.....  outdate and will be re-changed.

Basically it was long months ago... after that without changes.

-----

And without changes on current day too.

https://www.f-secure.com/sw-desc/tracking_cookie.shtml

Here have list of "tracking cookies" - and most of them (maybe all) can be on my systems and not removed by "real-time" feature about "deleting tracking cookies".

So... I already asked about it also... but without response. So - I not sure... work this feature or not...

Or simply need to meet too much tracking cookies... which on current day have another meanings, than previously (for F-Secure). And "tracking cookies" will be detected as "scan result".... so if it's like that -  I without response about this... and I not meet something like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info