Re: log the details of virus and spyware found

F-Secure was recently installed on my laptop. Since then I have been getting the following 'pop up' every couple of hours.

Application blocked

Deep Guard has blocked an application in your computer:

Application:          dup.exe

Reason:               Previously blocked application

What should be done?

Your computer is protected.  If you still want to use the application, you 

can change the application permissions.....

Report this application to F-Secure

I have reported this to F-Secure several times yet it still keeps popping up whilst I am working on my computer.  Please could anyone give me advise on how to get rid of this problem?  Could you also tell me if F-Secure charges for online chat/support,( I know some companies do). 

Mod Edit: Moved post to the appropriate board.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Looking on Google, dup.exe appears to be a trojan or malicious application, so it seems F-Secure is right to block it.  I would suggest a full computer scan, or at least a scan of your main drive, and hopefully F-Secure will find and remove that, plus any other malicious applications.  If it doesn't find it on your main drive, then do a full computer scan.

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

You could also;

1. Install and give a scan with the free on demand scanner Malwarebytes and see what that finds; http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

2. Install and give a scan with the trial version of HitmanPro and see if that finds anything; http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro/

Both are good backup/second opinion scanners to F-Secure.

There is no charge for the email/Chat support but I am not sure about phone support.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info