F-Secure SAFE installation failed due to conflict with "invisble" SiteAdvisor

Hi Support team

I tried installing F-Secure SAFE last week and it reported a conflict error with McAfee SiteAdvisor. I checked in the Control Panel, browsers and Registry Editor - all does not seem to have a cler idea where the problem is.

I tried running MPCR.exe a few times to remove the McAfee references to SiteAdvisor - but it does not seem to work either. Kindly assist.

Thanks.. 

w

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I case you haven't seen it, this may be useful for reference: 

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100162

If you're sure McAfee has been fully removed, and FS still won't install or function, then I would suggest running the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, which will fully remove F-Secure (including any remnants of a failed installation|, which may be preventing a re-installation), then try installing F-secure again, from scratch.

• JTJR
    JTJR Posts: 4 New Member

Hi Simon

Thanks for your reply.

I tried the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool. After I click "Start", it stops with a "Runtime Error message - abnormal termination". I have also used the McAfee cleanup tool MCPR.exe several times but SiteAdvisor does not seem to go away.  The logs produced from MCPR.exe are not helpful as it seems to be removing directory and folders which are not present. I also removed "McAfee" and "SiteAdvisor" from registry using Regedit as well.

Would appreciate any other help you can provide. Thanks.

regards

Jacob

@Simon wrote:

I case you haven't seen it, this may be useful for reference: 

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100162

If you're sure McAfee has been fully removed, and FS still won't install or function, then I would suggest running the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, which will fully remove F-Secure (including any remnants of a failed installation|, which may be preventing a re-installation), then try installing F-secure again, from scratch.

• JTJR

Hi Simon,

Here is the screenshot.

FS-Abnormal.jpg

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'm not sure there's anything else I can suggest.  Have you actually tried removing SiteAdviser using the instructions in the link, which is to remove it using Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel?  Or go into your browser Add-Ons settings and try removing it from there?

If that doesn't help, then all I can suggest is that you raise a Support Ticket, attaching an FSDAIG from the Support Tool and one of the tech guys should be able to assist.

• JTJR
    Hi Simon

There is no SiteAdvisor visible in Control Panel or Firefox browser.

Will open a ticket as you suggested.

Thanks.
  • domcar
    domcar Posts: 1 New Member

mc afee site solution did not work.

perhaps you can list what points you check to determine if siteadvisor is installed.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info