This article explains how you can set up the remote Anti-Theft feature in a mobile device running on the Windows Mobile operating system.
When the remote Anti-Theft is turned on, you can send an SMS that contains your lock or wipe code to your device to lock it or to wipe all information in it.
With the remote lock, you can lock the device remotely by sending it an SMS message. The locked device can be unlocked only with the lock code of your device. To use the remote lock, keep the device lock turned on.
With the remote wipe, you can wipe the device remotely by sending it an SMS message. When the device is wiped, the application deletes all the information stored in the device memory.
Note: As memory cards can be easily removed, we recommend that you store your confidential information in the device memory.
Setting up remote Anti-Theft
To set up remote Anti-Theft:
- Select Settings in the main view.
- Select Anti-Theft in the settings selection list.
- Select the features you want to turn on:
- If you want to be able to wipe your device remotely, select Enable remote wipe.
- If you want to be able to lock your device remotely, Select Enable remote lock.
Note: You can enable the remote lock only when the device lock is turned on.
- Enter your Security code and type it again to confirm it.
For more information about how to lock the device remotely, see article Locking your Windows Mobile device remotely.
For more information about how to delete all the information stored on the device, see article Wiping your Windows Mobile device remotely.