I'm a Virgin Media customer. How can I install F-Secure SAFE on my PC?
Note: This article is only for Virgin Media customers.
To install F-Secure Internet Security for SAFE on your computer, we recommend that you first uninstall any other antivirus products. Uninstall them by following the vendor's instructions.
We recommend that you update Windows before installing F-Secure Internet Security:
- Go to:
- Start button > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update or
- Start button > Control Panel > Windows Update
(For instructions on how to access Control Panel on Windows 8, click here).
Removing Virgin Media Security
- Download Virgin Media Uninstaller Tool.
- Close open applications and save your work (e.g. Office documents).
- Double-click the downloaded file (UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe) and follow the instructions.
- Wait for the uninstallation to finish. Do not switch off your computer as it will be restarted automatically once the uninstallation has been completed.
Installing F-Secure Internet Security
- Go to F-Secure MySafe Portal.
- If you have not created an account yet, register to the portal first.
- Virgin Media customers: Register only by following the link from your Virgin Media portal.
- Click Forgot you password? if you do not remember your MySafe password.
- Click Download to download the installer directly onto your current device.
- To send the installer to another device, fill in the email address and click Send. A download link will be sent to the recipient.
- If you want to install SAFE to your mobile device, enter your phone number in the SMS field and click Send.
Note: The install process may prompt for a restart. Restart your computer if requested.
More information on how to use the security products:
- All about your MySafe Portal
- All about F-Secure Internet Security
- All about F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac
- All about F-Secure Mobile Security
Note: Ignore the general subscription-related information as your subscription is done through the MySafe portal.