chrome extensions crash

Scholar

chrome extensions crash

Hi

I am running a F-secure PSB workstation PSB version 12.01 on an windows 10 pro machine

I have enable browser protection for both internet explorer and chrome

Internet explorer is working find, but Google chrome keep crashing the extensions first time after a restart of the machine, some times Google chrome is working find after a restart of the machine, but in 3/5 times the extensions in chrome crash during start of chrome browser

I have following extensions install in chrome : Standard Google chrome + Browsing protection by F-secure and  Blue Jeans Meeting

/Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scholar

Re: chrome extensions crash

F-secure has deploy an update named “F-Secure Network Interception Framework Update 2017-02-08_01”

you can check the client, settings, download to see if the update has be download, I go my update 08-02-2017

After that, everything is working find i chrome

/Jan

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67
F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello Jan,

Please, contact support. We need more information about affected machines for investigation.

Best regards,

Vad

Superuser

Dear Vad,

> PSB workstation PSB version 12.01 on Win10, enabled browser protection, Chrome keep crashing the extensions

We need urgent information, please tell us if this is a known problem and if this issue is already fixed?

I can not contact support before I receive that information.

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:

Tamas Feher, 2F 2000 Kft., Hungary.

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello Tamas,

The problem is reproduced locally, and is currently in process of investigation. I will update here as soon as we'll have more information.

Best regards,

Vad

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello all,

We've identified the root cause of the issue, and are currently working on a fix.

Best regards,

Vad

Superuser

Dear Vad,

> We've identified the root cause of the issue

Thanks for the head-up!

> currently working on a fix

I assume the advanced "Backweb" infrastructure would allow such a hotfix file to be distributed to all PSB endpoint computers (as part of the daily automatic virus signature updates) so the customers won't have to perform any action to restore correct operation?

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Aspirant

Hi,

Many of my customers and my self included are experiencing this problem.

Any update? It started sometime in November/December.

Novice

We face the same issue

Scholar

F-secure has deploy an update named “F-Secure Network Interception Framework Update 2017-02-08_01”

you can check the client, settings, download to see if the update has be download, I go my update 08-02-2017

After that, everything is working find i chrome

/Jan

View solution in original post

F-Secure
F-Secure

Hello,

Yes, F-Secure Network Interception Framework Update 2017-02-08_01 update was published a week ago, and it should prevent new incidents with Chrome crashes.

But, unfortunately, it may not fix the problem, if it already exists, in all cases.

Please, contact support for instructions how to fix crashes manually, if some of your machines are still affected.

Sorry for possible inconveniences.

Best regards,

Vad