cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silently install F-Secure

Novice

Silently install F-Secure

I have f-secure offline installer but I want to silently install it in the background.. Not remotley and not needed for deployment. I am setting up an image and I want f-secure to be silently installed during this Windows image setup. Or at least now for testing..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure

Re: Silently install F-Secure

For Computer Protection:

installer.exe --silent --voucher "your voucher"

For PSB workstation:

installer.exe /SILENT /K:<keycode>

does the trick on unattended installations. Just remember that Reboot dialog can appear even in the silent mode to gently prompt the user about reboot.

Other command-line options:

/LANG:<xxx> – installation language;

/K:<keycode> – subscription keycode;

/NOUPDATE – skip downloading updates on installation (typically concerns updatable sidegrade);

/REBOOTDELAY:<sec> - countdown timer before reboot;

/INSTALLPATH<path> - installation path instead %ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure by default.

Another feature of PSBWKS: the keycode can be embedded in the installer’s file name. For example: fspsbwks-[0123-RGBA-RCBA-4567-2DF4].exe

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Hi AKICT,

Could you please let us know which specific product would you like to silently install?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure

Hi,

if this about Computer Protection, here is one example from customer:
https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/F-Secure-Computer-Protection/m-p/101329/highlight/true#...

We are in progress of creating proper scripts and article about this too.

Petri

F-Secure

For Computer Protection:

installer.exe --silent --voucher "your voucher"

For PSB workstation:

installer.exe /SILENT /K:<keycode>

does the trick on unattended installations. Just remember that Reboot dialog can appear even in the silent mode to gently prompt the user about reboot.

Other command-line options:

/LANG:<xxx> – installation language;

/K:<keycode> – subscription keycode;

/NOUPDATE – skip downloading updates on installation (typically concerns updatable sidegrade);

/REBOOTDELAY:<sec> - countdown timer before reboot;

/INSTALLPATH<path> - installation path instead %ProgramFiles(x86)%\F-Secure by default.

Another feature of PSBWKS: the keycode can be embedded in the installer’s file name. For example: fspsbwks-[0123-RGBA-RCBA-4567-2DF4].exe

F-Secure

Deploying Computer Protection via GPO/AD instrutions

are now published in KB:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Remote-installation-of-Computer/ta-p/102154

Petri