PSB portal change log

F-Secure

Release 1.0.1135 - availability starting 05.03.2019

Hi,

We released new PSB version to AMER, APAC and EMEA regions. Features:

• Added incremental statuses to long running remote actions
  • Fixed not receiving all Infection alert (reported to user) via email
  • Now using disabled toggles instead of ON/OFF state in Dataguard for readonly user
  • Now error flyers are now better overlapping the field the validation error comes from
  • Fixed deleting an entry in excluded Web Traffic Scanning in RTS section of CP profiles
  • Display error message when:
    • Root admin whose ip is not whitelisted tries to login
    • Admins IP address changes within the session
  • Read only user gets 403 when trying to create a computer protection profile
  • New Active Directory category in computer list view and possibility to search with AD values
    • If a customer admin want to see only the devices belonging to specific AD, they can search with it and get a filtered view. Then they may select all to perform some Remote Action.
  • Added WINS support to firewall auto profile selection: Automatic Selection of profile is very useful when the customer needs to use the same profile in different sites having different firewall requirements. It allows to select the right firewall profile based on some info such as DNS IP address, Default Gateway IP address and now WINS Server IP address

image001.jpg

PSB Team

F-Secure Employee

Software updates not reported properly in the PSB portal issue fixed

Hi

The issue regarding Software Updates not been reported properly on PSB portal described here has been today fixed in all regions

We apologize for the inconvenience

PSB Team

F-Secure

Remote fsdiag feature enabled in all PSB portals since 12.3.2019

Remote diagnostic file (fsdiag): In case of problem with a computer, the PSB administrator can select the computer and request a diagnostic file to be uploaded to F-Secure. The administrator should then provide the reference number (available from the device operations tab, or the view fsdiag operation in support page) to F-Secure in a support ticket.

Note that:

• the end user is request to accept the operation
  • the partner has no access to the fsdiag
  • the fsdiag is deleted after two weeks

PSB team

Superuser

Re: Remote fsdiag feature enabled in all PSB portals since 12.3.2019

Dear Mr. Petri Kuikka,

- I wish to point out that remote FSDIAG apparently only works with CP 19 security software, but now with the remaining FSAV PSB WKS 12.01 computers.

- Please also introduce remote file sample submission, as I have great difficulty reporting false malware alarms in FSAV PSB, owing to the difficulty of collecting binary samples within such a dispersed computer population. I'm afraid that feature wish, while already registered, may remain in the developer's limbo list forever.

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:
Tamas Feher, Hungary.

F-Secure

@etomcat wrote:

Dear Mr. Petri Kuikka,

- Please also introduce remote file sample submission, as I have great difficulty reporting false malware alarms in FSAV PSB, owing to the difficulty of collecting binary samples within such a dispersed computer population. I'm afraid that feature wish, while already registered, may remain in the developer's limbo list forever.

We are going to introduce remote quarantine management feature fairly soon and sample submission feature may be possible to implement in that scope. I will check if that's possible.

Woudn't that be nice if you could submit false positive from portal from the "Infections" list?

Highlighted
Superuser

Dear Fedool,

Thanks for your quick response!

> Woudn't that be nice if you could submit false positive from portal from the "Infections" list?

Yes, certainly!

(The main problem for me currently is when schools use FSAV PSB, where pupils write program code during IT class but Deepguard false alerts on them. Since the files are entirely new, I can't do anything with their SHA1 hash reported in the alert, as they can't be found on Virustotal, etc. They also have zero reputation and zero prevalence, so the virus lab also can't help me without access to the binary file sample.

Another problemful situation is when FSAV PSB makes a potentially false virus alarm, but only the file path and name are provided in the alert, without hash value. I think some of the multiple scan engines inside F-Secure don't support the hash? Anyhow, that way I can't precisely verify if the file is known to Virustotal, etc., so I cannot report it to the virus lab without a binary sample and I can almost never obtain that.)

These kind of catch-22 situations could be solved like a gordian knot only if remote file sample submission became possible one way or another.

In fact, I would say "remote quarantine management" feature is dangerous without also having remote sample submission! I mean the observer of PSB SoP/SeP webportal is physically distant from the end user customer, who experiences an alleged false alarm. It's not responsible to restore and allow a quaratined file without first verifying its benign nature either in person or via Virustotal, etc. (but FSAV seldom provides the SHA-1 in alerts) or having received a second opinion from the virus lab upon sample submission.

It would be risky to rely on just the customer's word over the phone that the file is OK and worthy of restoration from quarantine. (You can't imagine the daily amount of activator, crack, warez, patch, serialz, spyware-in-shareware, fake freeware, etc. related malware alerts in see in an 5000-ish endpoint PSB SoP webportal. I'm in a landlocked country, yet it appears to be entirely populated by pirates and their parrots... I'm fairly sure if asked in person, 99% of the customers would claim to be entirely legal.)

Best regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

F-Secure

Release 1.0.1189 - availability starting 19.03.2019

Hi,

we deployed 1.0.1178 release to some PSB portals yesterday with following changes:

• Improve SWUP remote operations and statuses
  • Changed Software Update tab: List view to be the default mode

This release unfortunately dropped the PSB Workstation Security download links from the UI before the EOL for that product. So new release 1.0.1189 is just being deployed to portals that had already gotten the release 1.0.1178 and rest of the portals will be upgraded directly to 1.0.1189.

Sorry for the hassle with the download links,

PSB Team

Superuser

Re: Release 1.0.1189 - availability starting 19.03.2019

Dear PSB Team,

We have a PSB EMEA "SoP" account with app. 5300 devices under it. Using the portal account with IE browser is acceptably swift, but the views (e.g. list of computers, list of infection reports) are displayed in a kind of blurry font, even though menus of the browser and OS are sharp at the same time.

Using Firefox results in overall sharper view, but that browser struggles to compose long lists in the portal without freezing, e.g. the rooster of computers with PSB WKS or CP Standard or CP Premium installed on them. Seems like their "Gecko" web rendering engine has lower performance than Microsoft's Triton, which would be hard to fix independently?

Thus, please check if something could be done to offer sharper PSB portal font display for IE browser users, since that one seems to have the necessary list-processing power?

(Being on Win 8.1 OS I don't have the Edge browser and I'd rather not use Chrome, since Google Alphabet Inc. lives off syphoning away and selling data and the PSB portal works with customer's data.)

Tamas Feher, Hungary.

F-Secure

Release 1.0.1211 - availability starting 26.03.2019

Hi,

there is a new release with following new feature deployed to all portals:

• On Company level it is now possible to filted the devices based on Active Directory information.

Also due to an error many computers were channel upgraded yesterday irrespective of the date configured. More info in: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Information-about-the-Channel/ta-p/115969

PSB Team

Superuser

Re: Release 1.0.1211 - availability starting 26.03.2019

Dear Sirs,

I have posted about something related to "PSB EU" infrastructure in the restricted Partner Forum part of this Community and I would like to have an urgent answer for that question, because it is an unexpected and highly concerning development. If there is no acceptable explanation provided very soon then I will have to tell our end-users about it before 16th of April, so they can make an informed decision for themselves.

Tamas Feher, Hungary.