- Device Control
- Software Update
Server Protection comes with the latest generation of patch management.
It never forces reboots on servers.
It continues to install updates even if reboot is requested by one of updates. It means, even if there is no reboot on server, SWUP continues to work and install next updates. In previous version it would just stop and wait for reboot.
There is an option now in profiles to hide all reboot dialogs and notifications on servers (and workstations as well) - it's useful on terminal servers, for instance.
- Remote change of subscription key (without re-installation) from PSB portal
- Profile management is simplified
- Remote quarantine management
- Remote isolation is possible from PSB and RDR portals
- Active Directory (AD) filtering
- Remote diagnostic file (fsdiag)
- RMM Support (Remote Management and Monitoring)
- Improved visibility in device details view
- Application Control
Protecting specific folder to block for example ransomware from modifying them. It allows:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V and VDI
- Support for Email and Server Protection
- Support for Windows Server 2003 and Windows server 2008 original build (but Windows Server 2008 R2 is supported)
- The local web console is removed and replaced by the User Interface (requiring .NET 4.7.2 or later)
- Neighborcast: The bandwith usage is greatly reduced with Server Protection. F-Secure End Point Proxy (with the coming version PMP 14.21) will in addition introduce the ability to cache software updates.
Just to make things clearer, are we talking here about the outgoing version 12.x software and the incoming v14.00 software, for the protection of Windows file servers?
Best Regards: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
This product is actually for PSB our cloud solution.
This is a separate product from Server Security 14.0 that is used by our on-site solution, even if they share a lot of code.
But thanks for the question I clarified it in the article as well.
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions