New PSB portal release candidate is now available

Superuser

Re: New PSB portal release candidate is now available

Dear Sirs,

I think the new style PSB portal is faulty?

For example I use the search form in the "Devices" section to find a Win8 computer by name, recognize it in the results list and click on its icon (equal to the weblink: https://emea.psb.f-secure.com/#/c2922/devices/computer/1091698).
Then it jumps back to the portal's default page (Home - Overview of all companies) instead of showing the computer's properties! In the old style portal I am able to see the particular computer's details.

Best regards: Tamas Feher.
F-Secure Employee

@etomcat wrote:
"...I use the search form in the "Devices" section to find a Win8 computer by name, recognize it in the results list and click on its icon (equal to the weblink: https://emea.psb.f-secure.com/#/c2922/devices/computer/1091698).
Then it jumps back to the portal's default page (Home - Overview of all companies) instead of showing the computer's properties!

Hi Tamas!

thanks for reporting this. Does this happen to you often? Does refresh (F5) help when this happens? There is a certain condition when we've seen this happening but rarely - and refresh helps with it. There is bug about this reported to R&D. But not 100% sure this what you report is the same.

-Jussi

Superuser

Hello,

What I observed is:

- In the old portal, if a computer had PSB installed with valid keycode, it could be seen and managed from within the account even if it was not assigned to any company.

- In the new portal, such computers are invisible and totally unmanageable. The only way to see them is to use the Search function, but as soon as you click on one in the search results, the web browser will jump back to the portal's main page.

I don't like this situation and I think it should be fixed.

Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:

Tamas Feher, Hungary.

F-Secure

Hi Tamas,

new UI is made so that only subscriptions tied to companies show up as you had found out. We are bringing soon functionality to easily spot these subscriptions and make it possible to add them to companies. Similarly more functionality to work over company boundaries will be added, but currently our plan is not to bring these computer visible without being attached to a company.

Petri

Superuser

Dear Petrim

Thanks for the answer!

I think the question and your response could be included in the "New PSB portal Feedback form related Q/A" topic?

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, 2F 2000 Kft., Hungary.

Superuser

Dear Petri,

> new UI is made so that only subscriptions tied to companies show up as you had found out. We are bringing soon functionality to easily spot these subscriptions and make it possible to add them to companies <

I wonder if this fix has been implemented?

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.