cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Computer Protection: Main differences compared to Workstation Security 12

F-Secure

F-Secure Computer Protection: Main differences compared to Workstation Security 12

F-Secure Computer Protection product is a replacement for PSB for Workstations in the PSB product line.

computer-protection-main.png

F-Secure Computer Protection has been now made available for all solution provider level users of PSB. Each solution provider can decide if they want to make it available for the Companies under them.

Major changes in Computer Protection

• Anti-malware:
    • Significantly revised scanning architecture using the latest technology from the F-Secure Lab.
    • Unifies behavior of security components and brings the possibility to add new security features more easily in the future.
  • Firewall:
    • Remotely managed Microsoft Firewall.
    • Firewall profiles have been updated to handle the most significant threats.
  • Software updater:
    • Currently it is using exactly same software updater technology as PSB Workstation Security 12.
  • User Interface:
    • Refreshed and revised.
  • Common:
    • Installer is currently only available as a network installer.
    • Silent Computer Protection upgrades without the need to reboot the computer.
    • Completely revised update technology, bringing significant reduction in network bandwidth usage.
    • Many performance and stability improvements.
    • Extendible client architecture, allowing easier integration of new features in the future.
  • Features dropped:
    • Support for Windows Vista
    • Email and Spam scanning

Full details for system requirements, supported languages and operating systems is listed here.

Features to be delivered later (incrementally)

• Scheduled scanning
  • Neighborcast
  • Profile migration from current PSB WS12 series profiles
  • 12 series channel upgrade, so that devices automatically use the migrated profiles
  • Upgrade groups for Computer Protection upgrade, so solution providers can better distribute when upgrades happen to their companies.
  • Single installer, so you can install the whole product from USB-stick or via some software distribution solution.

13 REPLIES
F-Secure

Re: F-Secure Computer Protection: Main differences compared to Workstation Security 12

Hi,

couple of clarifications to questions coming to our direction.

Q: Do I need a separate subscription for F-Secure Computer Protection than for Workstation Security 12?

A: No you don't. Both of these clients can be installed with same "F-Secure PSB Workstation Security" -subscription.

Q: Can I installs both "F-Secure Computer Protection" and "F-Secure PSB Workstation Security"  to same company?

A: Yes you can. At the moment you can choose which product you want to use. Each installation uses one seat from the subscription and you cannot install both product to same computer.

Superuser

Re: F-Secure Computer Protection: Main differences compared to Workstation Security 12

Derar Sirs,

Supposedly there is also "artificial intelligence" equipped DeepGuard included in F-Secure CP 17.1 (although I don't know what exactly that means).

Meanwhile, FSAV PSB 12 has only DG5.0, even though DG6 has been available in the home-user products for a long time and we were promised it is going to be adopted in the for-business product line as well.

Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.

Novice

Are we getting automatic update from Workstation Security 12 at some point?

F-Secure

All existing Workstation 12 users will be upgraded, but the schedule of that is open as of yet. We're looking into schedules of late this year / early next year.
Scholar

Re: "Installer is currently only available as a network installer"

• Installer is currently only available as a network installer.

Does this mean software currently only available for download from PSB portal direct to single clients - can I still download a single installer from clients portal, copy to USB and install on multiple devices?

F-Secure

It means that while you can take the installer on your USB stick, when run it will, for each installed client, download the product.

--Maaret

Novice

Hi,

As I understood the Computer Protection client could be downloaded trough the Management Portal...

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/PSB-piloting/F-Secure-Computer-Protection/m-p/94241

But on my/our portal, I can only see PSB 12 available for download...

How do I get the new client?

Best regards

Alvaro

Aspirant

Is it possible to silent install it and provide the license key in the installation process for mass deployment ?

F-Secure

Ability to install silently (without any dialogs) is still on the list of things to add later. You can embed the keycode in the file name and it is used then as part of the installation process.