date has not yet been set. We are hoping to get first pilots running in a month or so and depending how they go then enable it for all partners.
For this upgrade each partner (solution provider level) can decide when the upgrade is run and F-Secure will only run the forced upgrades later this year. We will have lot more information available on this once we are done with the development work and ready to go live.
Thanks for the quick response!
> We are hoping to get first pilots running in a month or so and depending how they go then enable it for all partners.
- Would you recommend waiting that long or jump to CP17 now?
(I think the main appeal of waiting passively until auto-conversion time is that it puts all responsibility on F-Secure Corp. If a customer performs the transition to CP now, on their own initiative, they are at least partially responsible, if things go upside down.)
- If you recommend upgrading to CP17 now, is there a scripted methodology (knowledge base article) which the brave can follow to make the transition on their own, on a fleet of a few hundred PSB WKS 12 computers?
Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:
Tamas Feher, 2F 2000 Kft., Budapest, Hungary.
I see no reason to wait for F-Secure profile migration and channel upgrade if you have means to handle following 2 things:
1. Deployments for the upgrades. We don't have yet the full solution for being able to rollout installations and upgrades to 100s of computers, but we already have this solution that has been used by several of our customer successfully.
2. You don't have problem manually creating the needed profiles for the new CP 17 installations.
We are working hard on getting the profile migrations and channel upgrade available for all of you.
Is there a way to backup any settings in F-Secure Workstation Security so I can reconfigure any of those settings (blocking programs, etc) in the new version of F-Secure? I know it uses the Windows Firewall instead of it's own and I want to make sure my settings are the same.
There is no way for you to save the settings from Workstation Security to bring them to Computer Protection.
We are currently working on Migration scripts which will convert your existing profiles to the correct format used by Computer Protection, and we anticipate that it will be ready during the spring time.
Would it be possible for F-Secure to release a short formal statement (maybe a single-page PDF document) which says the totality of information security protection capabilities in "F-Secure PSB Computer Protection 18.3" software is not less than the capability of the outgoing "FSAV PSB 12.01 for Workstations" software?
Some customers need it for auditing purposes, since the independent auditor only sees the roster of features and notes some are missing, like firewall and starts to nitpick about the acceptability of conversion. Thus a plainly worded vendor's statemernt about "PSB Computer Security 18" being the worthy successor would go a long way towards disarming reservations.
Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely:
Tamas Feher, Hungary.
I will take this request forward within our team, to see what we can do.
What's taking so long to release a .msi offline installer?
I could go into details but they are not that important.
I can only say that we are doing it and like it often happens in Software Development - one thing requires changes in another and another requires rearchitecturing third and changing third not possible without full rewriting etc.
But when we finish - Computer Protection will become even lighter, faster and more reliable.
We will have single installable .msi file which would install very fast (or online/offline exe if you prefer that) and you should see lower memory footprint and that it works faster.
But it takes time to do...
1. The new Computer Protection have only 16 categories to block the browsing protection when the usual is that the new versions have more functions. The workstation version have more categories, why?
2. The Application control soulbe renamed because this is more a malware prevention/execution from critical paths. (used by malware and payloads). One Application Control module is used to block/permit the application execution or installation, for example, P2P apps, Remote Control Apps, Games Apps, etc.
3. The computer details should be display more info as Last Loged User, Basic HW Inventory and SW Inventory.
4. The Portal should be permit create Groups for a best computer organization becase today is a large list of computers.
5. PSB don't a have a Central Quarantine.
6. PSB don't permit execute a remote clean up of computer infected.
Linck Tello Flores
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support and get answers to your questions