cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure Computer Protection: Main differences compared to Workstation Security 12

F-Secure

Re: Name of program

Hello Robert,

We discussed it and decided to keep F-Secure in Company field, like it is now.
If we add it to the product name, "F-Secure" would appear in 2 places in uninstall entry.
And even Microsoft is removing "Microsoft" from product names - I can see it in my Windows10 machine where most of Microsoft apps don't have "Microsoft" in app name but only in Company name.
Scholar

Re: Name of program

thanks for the reply.

I guess Microsoft is well known.. so when you see Office 365 etc > you know its Microsoft.

when you see Computer Protection > the vendor name isnt so clear.

I also noticed you named - F-Secure Ultralight 1.1.14.0 (release) with the vendor in the name - so prehaps you might want to update this to match your new rules.

cheers

Robert

F-Secure

Deploying Computer Protection via GPO/AD instrutions

are now published in KB:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Remote-installation-of-Computer/ta-p/102154

Petri

Novice

Re: "Reason for removing F-Secure own firewall" and "DataGuard availability in Business suite"

Hi,

looking at CEV It seems not so secure using integrated windows firewall...

However, do you will implement any interface in computer protection for configure firewall's rules or final users need to learn windows firewall interface?

Thanks

Highlighted
F-Secure Product Manager

Re: "Reason for removing F-Secure own firewall" and "DataGuard availability in Business suite"

Hello,

Using Computer Protection profile, the admninistrator using PSB has an interface to configure the Windows Firewall.

That is transparent to the final user.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Regards

Novice

Hi,

administrator user sometime need to modify himself rules. Technicians who work from customers needs different rules for a while, and they need to change it "on the fly", whithout psb administrator (too long way).

Thanks

F-Secure

The F-Secure's remotely managed windows firewall can have rules from both remote and local sources. You can add/remove separate rules both locally and through PSB Portal. However, please note these are different rules. The rules are processed overall so that all block rules, regardless of where they come from, have higher priority than allow rules.

You could set up a PSB profile with the block rules you want to enforce in this environment, and the user is able to add more block/allow rules as long as they are not conflicting with these.

F-Secure

I want to add that no matter how good UI we could add to our product to manage firewall rules, Microsoft Firewall Rules editor would still be easier to use.

Just because it's very well documented and has plenty of examples how to do concrete things with it in the Internet.

Re: "Installer is currently only available as a network installer"

Dear maaret,

Does computer protection only support windows firewall?is there a way to enable F-Secure firewall?

can we seperatly buy only dataguard without purchasing computer protection premium version?

Thanks   

F-Secure

Re: "Installer is currently only available as a network installer"

Hi asanka,

even though I'm not Maaret here are the answers for your questions:

- Computer Protection uses only Windows firewall with additional F-Secure management and rules on top of it. There is no F-Secure own firewall in it.

- Current plan is to sell the F-Secure DataGuard only as part of the premium product without any standalone product of it.

Petri