My proposal to test the upgrade is:
- launch the migration for your SOP: All profiles will be converted
- Set a channel upgrade date manually for the full SOP (e.g. in March, but you can change later)
- Pick a company that you want to use for testing (with one or a few computers)
- Change the date so that this company will be channel upgraded the next day
After that you may change the date of the SOP migration to happen faster, or you may want to start by migrating a few companies at specific dates.
The migration should definitely not take that long. Could you please contact support providing the details like the partner name, portal version and so on.
Once we get this information we will provide you the details for this long-running migration.
Profile migration typically takes minutes.
Channel upgrades can take a few days depending on the number of subscriptions and how often the computers connect.
Could you contact our support (https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/support-request )?
Update on the migration:
- Forced migration to Computer Protection is (almost) complete. Migrated profiles are visible under the Computer Protection Profile tab. Profiles marked with conflict must be resolved as soon as possible. Make also sure that Windows Firewall are enabled on all computers.
- Channel upgrade is configured to install the Computer Protection client version 19.1. The reason is that the version 19.2 requires the installation of a recent .net framework that created some issues with the upgrade process. The differences can be checked from release notes (https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Protection/Computer-Protection-change-log/td-p/100017/page/3)
- Due to an error many computers were channel upgraded yesterday irrespective of the date configured. More info in: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Business/Information-about-the-Channel/ta-p/115969
> Channel upgrade is configured to install the Computer Protection client version 19.1. The reason is that the version 19.2 requires the installation of a recent .net framework that created some issues with the upgrade process
If a computer has channel-upgraded itself to PSB CP 19.1, will it further upgrade to CP 19.2 after a while or does it remain on version 19.1 indefinitely? (I'm asking because it seems remote FSDIAG collection is only available with CP 19.2.)
I would also like to ask what percentage of the PSB computer fleet have you seen experience problems with CP 19.2 adoption (i.e. shortcomings of the .NET pre-requirement)?
Thanks in advance, Yours Sincerely: Tamas Feher, Hungary.
19.1 will not stay as 19.1 indefinitely. We have not yet decided on the exact schedule we will be moving, and are also considering taking people to 19.3 if our investigations on .NET version dependencies take us where we hope. We will inform on the schedules - right now we have decided we will not be moving forward on the releases for the upcoming two weeks.
We are fixing some issues and then we will upgrade the computers using 19.1. I do not have any confirmed schedule but my expectation is around 2 months.
With the version 19.2, our rate of error during the upgrade from Workstation Security went up to about 5%.