f secure finder not showing in windows laptop

Hi

I have installed F Secure on my ipad and windows laptop and although finder works great if I am searching for my ipad using the laptop BUT if I go on the ipad and search for the laptop then when pressing on the "desktop" icon the "finder" button is missing?

Any help appreciated please.

Eileen

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Previously -> I read under one of F-Secure Knowledgebase articles that "Finder" feature (as locate Windows laptop) should work for Windows installations too. But I'm not sure about such point.

If this should work -> maybe good to known what is OS for your laptop? For example, Windows 10 indeed with abilities/feature about 'find the device' (but it can be disabled by default). And should be visible under "Windows settings" -> "Security and Updates" -> "Find device". Maybe if such feature disabled under laptop -> F-Secure do not able to show "finder" button under My F-Secure Account portal.

But... I'm still not sure that it should work for Windows platform. Good to receive official clarification (I did ask it directly under 'feedback' for Knowledgebase article and not sure if this article still available).

Do you able to confirm your steps/thoughts about? Does such feature is listed somewhere and you're decided to try it for Windows laptop?

Thanks!

• Johnioann
    Johnioann Posts: 9 Explorer

Hi.

Thanks for your help.

I am using windows 10.

Find my device under windows settings is on.

I can find the device using Windows Account settings but not using F-Secure.

If you open and sign in to F Secure on laptop and look for Ipad there is a button you can click under Ipad called "find device" but if you go on ipad and sign and click desktop then the "find button" is missing?

Kindest.

• Johnioann

Looking under ipad.JPGunder Ipadlooking under desktop.JPGlooking under desktop (finder missing)I have attached pictures (screenshots)

Hi.

Thanks for your help.

I am using windows 10.

Find my device under windows settings is on.

I can find the device using Windows Account settings but not using F-Secure.

If you open and sign in to F Secure on laptop and look for Ipad there is a button you can click under Ipad called "find device" but if you go on ipad and sign and click desktop then the "find button" is missing?

Kindest.

• Johnioann

Ok so I contacted tech support.

The answer is that Laptops do not have GPS installed so you cannot track them with F Secure.

Kindest.

This discussion has been closed.