Supersafe virus-scan keeps finding the same harmful items despite clean-up

Hello, can anyone advise?
  A recent virus-scan found two harmful items on my laptop.
After choosing to 'clean up' the items and re-starting the laptop to complete the clean-up with no errors showing up, I re-ran the virus-scan to ensure that the harmful items had been removed - however, the same two harmful items were still being found.
This time, I decided to choose to 'delete' the items.
After re-starting again, another virus-scan found both items yet again.
I have repeated the process a few more times - yet each subsequent virus-scan find the same two items each time.

Can anyone shed any light on why this keeps happening?
It's not clear to me whether the harmful items are still a risk to my laptop or if they have been rendered harmless by Supersafe.

Many thanks.

JTB

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JTB,

Based on your product name, this seems to be a customized version of the F-Secure product. Have you got in touch with your ISP for troubleshooting this? If not, please check with your ISP and they would be able to provide more details about it.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@JBYLO wrote:

Hello, can anyone advise?
      A recent virus-scan found two harmful items on my laptop.
    After choosing to 'clean up' the items and re-starting the laptop to complete the clean-up with no errors showing up, I re-ran the virus-scan to ensure that the harmful items had been removed - however, the same two harmful items were still being found.
    This time, I decided to choose to 'delete' the items.
    After re-starting again, another virus-scan found both items yet again.
    I have repeated the process a few more times - yet each subsequent virus-scan find the same two items each time.

Can anyone shed any light on why this keeps happening?
    It's not clear to me whether the harmful items are still a risk to my laptop or if they have been rendered harmless by Supersafe.

Many thanks.

JTB

Hello,

Just as another suggestion (compare to proper certified help from your ISP or so):

--> possible to re-check just 'destination/path' of such items. Does it temp-folder? If so -> maybe something do re-create/re-download such files;

--> possible to try manually remove this files (maybe scan just marked it as clean/delete option - but not possible to perform this by some reasons); And/or re-sure that there is no any of 'shadow/recovery' features under system (as restore files under system);

So -> generally good to know things like:

--> Detection-name for this files;

--> Filenames and destination;

Maybe some users able to create some advices based on this.

Thanks!

• JBYLO
    JBYLO Posts: 3 Observer

Thank you Laksh and Ukko for your helpful replies.

I will attempt to contact my ISP, Talktalk, and let you know if they were able to help.

Regards

JTB

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for sharing your resolution, JBYLO. Glad to hear that the issue is solved.

This discussion has been closed.