Rescue CD and PXE boot

Hi,

I've been collecting all kinds of tools for my PXE boot server. Unfortunately I can't get Rescue CD (3.16 build 73600) to work. I've copied contents of CD to NFS-share and made entry in my boot menu (see below).

label F-Secure Rescue CD
        menu label F-Secure Rescue CD
        menu default
        kernel fsrescuecd/fsecure/linux
        initrd fsrescuecd/fsecure/minirt.gz
        append ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off vga=normal quiet nomce loglevel=1 nolapic_timer nosound console=tty10 video=noblank nfsdir=192.168.86.22:/srv/nfsboot/fsrescuecd/

Any ideas how to make this work?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my unofficial suggestion (I'm also only F-Secure user -> their home solutions);

If such task is technically possible with F-Secure Rescue CD (and before any official responses or answers from more experienced users) -> maybe good to know or re-check:

--> but which 'mistake' during try to boot with such configuration? does there is any logs/notifications about?

--> because F-Secure RCD is Knoppix-based - maybe possible to re-check known trouble with your setting and Knoppix (?!);

Thanks!

• Last message I get is

Welcome to F-Secure Rescue CD 3.16 73600
    Please make sure that you have access to the Internet
    Either plug in your network cable or make sure you have wireless enabled.

This is weird since if I boot CD itself my network is fine so it does include network driver for my NIC (Intel E1000)

Actually that boot parameter "nfsdir" is actually copied from Knoppix guides. On some Knoppix guides they tell to boot their DVD and user terminal server utilities to create PXE boot files. I could do that but I think then I'd need to add F-Secure stuff back.

This discussion has been closed.