RMA/Returns for Inverse Path USB Armory product?

uoc
uoc Posts: 1 New Member

In error, I made a purchase over the weekend of an InversePath USB Armory product using the local sales agent I was directed to (Digital River). InversePath is an F-Secure company. I contacted Digital River to arrange a return but they tell me they do not deal with returns and that I should contact F-Secure support.

"

Unfortunately, we do not handle the customer service for F-Secure.

Please contact them directly with your request through one of the

following methods:

Customer Service URL: http://www.f-secure.com/support"

I have tried today to use the online chat and phone line to contact a service agent. The online chat fails with the message "your request has been cancelled because no customer service agents are available". The telephone message at the UK customer service number advises to "please hold the line" and goes dead after 9 rings. The "all other countries - english" number (for a number in Finland" has a recorded message in Finnish and then goes dead. 

Please advise me how I can obtain an RMA or commence the returns process. The product has not yet been delivered but I am advised it has already been dispatched. 

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I think that it is anyway good to contact their Support. For example, chat is available (current minute):
    https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

But just because InversePath is part of Business F-Secure -> maybe it is an option to contact their Business Support:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/business_global/support/support-request

// by the way - I am only F-Secure user (their home solutions). Maybe your topic under F-Secure Community is enough. And there will be response from F-Secure.

Thanks!

• uoccou
    uoccou Posts: 5 New Member

Thanks Ukko.

F-Secure must do better. I cannot contact chat now because it is out of hours. I submitted an earlier response to this message but couldnt post because I couldnt login with my username and password and the password reset process fails to send a reset message. So I recreated my account with the same email address and password and have changed my username. Bizarre and probably indicates a user accounting and authentication security risk in this forum service.

I'll try the business support link, but under the eCommerce and distance selling regulations in the EU, F-Secure must provide effective means to return goods and products. Those services are not available. I dont want to have to go through a complaints process (probably also means I have to get in touch with customer support!) or to end up with my local consumer protection agency because F-Secure cannot adequately handle customers or sales channels. (Customers are those buyers who come back a second time right? I dont think I will be unless I can get this situation fixed)

F-Secure please help!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

I submitted an earlier response to this message but couldnt post because I couldnt login with my username and password and the password reset process fails to send a reset message. So I recreated my account with the same email address and password and have changed my username. Bizarre and probably indicates a user accounting and authentication security risk in this forum service.

Sounds strange indeed.

Good if F-Secure Community Team will check it more. At least, how it was possible to register different active accounts with one electronic mail address.

Maybe your experience was about Facebook connect or previous F-Secure Account (with pre-configured potential account for Community)... and potential troubles based on such setting.

In general, F-Secure Home Support (chat as example) is available with noted 'workhours for phone calls'. With some limitations. My URL was about "home_global" where chat is ?! with unknown workhours (maybe pinned to some locations). While your own local F-Secure website may be with another view of 'available'-status of chat (example of local website: Norway : https://www.f-secure.com/no_NO/web/home_no/contact-support)

Also your experience with 'cancelled chat' is also likely situation (and strange one). But it should not be too much often.

With Business Support -> there is 'support ticket' and potential further response from F-Secure. But I'm not sure that there is listed Inverse Path's solutions.

I think that with workday (work hours) under this Community forum -> F-Secure will response to you. My replies were kind of potential 'placeholder' and potential steps to boost up situation.

Also, I found that Inverse Path (USB Armory page is included) website is still active and with some 'Contact us' information. Maybe such concern is still applied to them (for except response from Digital River). Anyway, sorry for my replies and for my worst English!

Thanks!

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @uoccou,

I found your support request and have also highlighted your community post in there.

I checked both your accounts 'uoc' and 'uoccou'. There has been a different spelling in the email address for the uoc account and the current account. It might be during the registration and thats why when you tried to input the correct email address, it could not resend the password email (as the previous account uoc email is different).

• uoccou

Thanks laksh,

Can you please clarify if this means someone will contact me about returning the product?

Thanks for highlighting my typo in email address on the 'uoc' account. Seems like its possible to register and post without address validation then?

• Laksh

Hi @uoccou,

As you have submitted a business support request, yes, one of our support team member will email you back for further communication.

• uoccou

Thanks. I'll update you if I hear nothing by Monday morning.

• uoccou

Hi - no contact from business support. I'll try the chat and telephone help one more time tomorrow and if I cannot get to speak to someone I will consider my options. I will let you know but at this point I think this is going to turn into a complaint.

• Laksh

Hi uoccou,

I have escalated it internally so that one of them will look at the case for assisting you further. I apologize for the delay.

• uoccou

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.