I am currently working on a benchmark of bootable Anti-Virus tools.
In order to make a ranking of the different solutions, I have some questions for you about F-Secure Rescue Disk :
- Can this AV boot with UEFI? Or should I boot in legacy mode?
- Is this AV compatible with Bitlocker? Encrypted hard drive? (i.e. can I enter my decryption key in the AV tool in order to decrypt for scan)
- Which type of detection? Signature based, behavioural, uploaded on cloud ...
- Can I update this AV on another computer than the infected one?
- Do you have some figures on scan efficacity?
- How long did it take to make a scan? (in average)
- Does this AV scan only for viruses or it scans for other malwares (eg. rootkits, adware, spywares, ...)?
Nowadays, the types of malware that require a trusted boot media for removal has become rare. We recommend to use the new Online Scanner to clean up the system:
This topic has been closed due to inactivity. If you would like to discuss this topic further, please start a new post.
You can reference this topic in your post by adding this link:
Visit the Community
Check our Forums or How-to & FAQs for advice or answers
View User Guides
Refer to our getting started guides and product manuals
Talk to our Support agents and get answers to your questions