F-Secure Booster & Windows 10

Hello!

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 lately.

I have F-Secure Booster Premium and I was wondering is it a good idea to use it in Windows 10...

I think not, because Booster shows that my OS is Windows 8.1 not 10.

So yeah, should I use it or not?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello las97,

Windows 10 is indeed a supported OS for Booster. You can also have a look at the supported platforms in here.

In this case, could you please provide us a screenshot of the Booster overview page which shows the OS? Was the Booster reinstalled after upgrading to Windows 10?

• drago
    drago Posts: 2 New Member

I got the same problem when I updated from windows 8.1 to w 10 that the booster is not recognizing windows 10 but keeps showing 8.1 even after reinstalling the booster.

• las97
    las97 Posts: 11 Observer

Hi!

Yes, I have reinstalled it after updating to Windows 10 but it didn't change anything.

Here is the screenshot I just took.

It's in Finnish but I circled the spot where Operating System is shown.

fs_booster.jpg

• Laksh

Hi @las97 and @drago ,

To get more information on this issue, was Booster installed in your Windows 7/8.1 machine before it was upgraded to Win 10? And was Booster showing the OS as Win 8.1 after the upgrade?

• las97
    las97 Posts: 11 Observer

Yes and yes.

I had it on Windows 7 and I didn't remove it before upgrading to Win 10.

I only reinstalled it in Windows 10 but it didn't fix anything.

After upgrading to Win 10 F-Secure Booster started to show the OS as Windows 8.1.

• Laksh

Thanks las97. Let me try to get more information regarding this and get back to you.

• Laksh

Hi las97,

Thanks for the update and good to know the issue is resolved. I did get to know that there was a patch released for this issue.

• AS64
    AS64 Posts: 1 New Member

Trying to run Booster but it fails every time. I get this error message. Näyttökuva.png

This discussion has been closed.