F-Secure Booster - Prevent File Recovery

WH
Scholar

Re: F-Secure Booster - Prevent File Recovery

I understand that it takes several hours to completely shred a shed load of files.  After paying out for a product I expect it to do as advertised.  I have let Prevent File Recovery run to the end on several occasions but it never gets rid of all files!  For example it informed me that I had over 7,000 files to be subjected to prevent file recovery.  I let the process run to the end, which took approximately 8 hours to complete.  After rebooting I ran F-Booster again, and it informs me that 5,531 files for prevent file recovery!  Why were they not all deleted? From the forum this seems to be a common problem.  F-Booster what are you doing about this issue?  I feel that I have wasted my money on this product, and unless this issue is fixed, I will not be renewing the subscription. 

Scholar

Had the same complaint. No one from the technical team could or would provide a solution or an answer. I have since cancelled my subscription and have gone over to Kaspersky.

Scholar

Also I have subscribed to Ccleaner Professional which seem to solve the problem of deleting files securely
WH
Scholar

An update on Booster...

I had 5,531 files for prevent file recovery after 6 hours I closed, re-opened Booster run it and reported 1227 files for prevent recovery.  OK some improvement, so I let it do it's thing which took approximately 7 hours to complete.  Closed, re-opened, run again and this time only 2 files for prevent recovery.  Things were looking good so I let it do it's thing again, expecting it to be completed in a few minutes.  How wrong I was, it took at least another six hours! Repeated the routine, but still two files for prevent recovery.  At this point I decided to re-boot the PC.  After running Booster again it reported 1368 files for prevent file recovery.  This leaves me with a total lack of confidence with F-Secure products.  Since this is the only means of contact /customer support how do I get a full refund on this product which does not work?

Scholar

I have just restarted my pc to update it and there are immediately 904 deleted files that need deleting by prevent file recovery. This is after it has been cleaned for over two hours. Can anyone explain this.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello Noggin,

As mentioned on the previous page, the process of preventing file recovery is so that it needs to be started from scratch at every attempt. You can find more details in this article

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.