cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-Secure BOOSTER End-Of-Life FAQ

This article provides answers to frequently asked questions related to the end-of-life (31.12.2017) of the F-Secure BOOSTER product.

As of January 1, 2017 F-Secure BOOSTER will no-longer be available for new customers. This means that the product pages (www.f-secure.com/booster) will be removed from F-Secure public web, and the product will be de-activated in Google Play Store. All existing customers can continue using F-Secure BOOSTER normally until the end of 2017. Also, the support will continue normally until the end of 2017. After that users with BOOSTER related issues will be asked to take simplitec Power Suite into use and/or contact simplitec support at help.simplitec.com.

Why does F-Secure stop offering F-Secure BOOSTER?

F-Secure BOOSTER is an F-Secure branded and packaged version of the simplitec Power Suite product. The product has been developed in cooperation with simplitec GmbH in Germany. F-Secure has decided not to put any extra effort in maintaining the F-Secure branded tune-up product in the portfolio. You may continue optimizing your PC and Android devices by using the simplitec branded products. To get you the latest version of simplitec Power Suite, go to www.f-secure.com/booster or www.simplitec.com/booster (both URLs take you to simplitec web pages).

Does F-Secure BOOSTER stop working on 1.1.2017?

No, F-Secure BOOSTER will work normally until the end of 2017. Upgrades and renewals are directed to simplitec (www.simplitec.com/booster). You can access our campaign page at www.f-secure.com/booster. When making the purchase, you will receive an email receipt and download instructions. We recommend that you uninstall F-Secure BOOSTER and install the new simplitec Power Suite to make sure everything works smoothly even after the end of 2017.

My F-Secure BOOSTER premium subscription is about to expire. How can I renew my premium subscription after 1.1.2017?

When the F-Secure BOOSTER premium subscription is about to expire, you are asked to renew your subscription. The renewal takes you to F-Secure's campaign page which directs you to simplitec web pages where you can purchase simplitec Power Suite. Once you have made the purchase, you will receive an email receipt and download instructions (activation code and download link). We recommend that you uninstall F-Secure BOOSTER and install the new simplitec Power Suite product to make sure everything works smoothly even after the end of 2017. See also What are the differences between F-Secure BOOSTER and simplitec Power Suite?

What happens if I don't renew my F-Secure BOOSTER premium subscription?

F-Secure BOOSTER premium reminds you about the renewal when the product is about to expire. If you do not renew the product, it will eventually expire. When you open the expired application, you will be directed immediately to renew your premium subscription. The renewal takes you to page www.f-secure.com/booster from where you can get to simplitec web pages to get the new replacing simplitec product. If you wish to use the free version, first uninstall F-Secure BOOSTER and download then the new simplitec version through simplitec web pages.

I have F-Secure BOOSTER premium installed and I purchased a new simplitec Power Suite license. How do I take it into use?

You cannot use the simplitec Power Suite license (serial number) on your F-Secure BOOSTER product. First uninstall your F-Secure BOOSTER. Then download and install simplitec Power Suite. You received both the license (a.k.a serial number or activation code) and the download link in the email from simplitec when you completed the purchase.

Note: You receive two emails from simplitec: 1. email as a receipt of your purchase, and 2. email containing the serial number (license or activation code) and the download link. Download the new application and start the installation. You will be asked for the serial number during the installation process. If you have problems getting the product installed or the license activated, contact simplitec support at help.simplitec.com.

Do I need to uninstall F-Secure BOOSTER before taking simplitec Power Suite into use?

No. simplitec Power Suite can be installed on your PC even without removing F-Secure BOOSTER. However, we recommend that you remove the F-Secure BOOSTER product from your PC as it consumes some of your PC's resources by using hard drive space and by checking for updates occasionally.

Does F-Secure continue to provide updates for F-Secure BOOSTER?

As of 1.1.2017 F-Secure BOOSTER is in maintenance mode. This means that F-Secure will continue to support the product until the end of 2017. F-Secure will also provide critical software updates for F-Secure BOOSTER if such updates are needed. F-Secure will not, however, make any feature releases for F-Secure BOOSTER (PC or Android) after 1.1.2017.

Where can I download or purchase simplitec Power Suite?

You can purchase simplitec Power Suite through www.f-secure.com/booster. Simplitec also has several free product versions available on their web pages at www.simplitec.com.

I have been using F-Secure BOOSTER in Finnish, Swedish, Danish, or Norwegian. Does simplitec Power Suite support my language?

Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian are not supported languages in simplitec Power Suite. As of January 9, 2017, simplitec Power Suite will also support Finnish. The product is currently available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, and Russian.

Note: If you have already installed, for example the English version of simplitec Power Suite and would like to have it in another language instead, you have to uninstall the product and then install it again. You will be asked to select your language during the installation.

I have an issue with simplitec Power Suite. Can F-Secure tech support help me with that?

simplitec Power Suite and other simplitec products are developed, maintained and supported by simplitec GmbH. If you have any problems with your simplitec Power Suite product, go to page help.simplitec.com.

What are the differences between F-Secure BOOSTER and simplitec Power Suite?

simplitec Power Suite contains all the same features as F-Secure BOOSTER plus some additional ones. Once you upgrade to simplitec Power Suite, you can also clean and speed up your registry, clean all your Android devices remotely, and use the simplitec Autopilot as a real-time performance optimizer. Autopilot suggests things to optimize as they appear on your PC. For more information about simplitec Power Suite and other simplitec products, go to www.simplitec.com.

I have been using F-Secure BOOSTER on my PC. Will it change to simplitec Power Suite automatically?

No. There are no plans to upgrade from the F-Secure branded product to the simplitec branded product automatically. Users are gradually directed to simplitec Power Suite as all upgrades and renewals are directed to simplitec Power Suite.

I purchased F-Secure BOOSTER for my PC but cannot find the download link or the product page on F-Secure's web site anymore. How can I install it?

The F-Secure BOOSTER web page has been removed as the product is no longer available to new customers. All new customers and renewals are directed to the replacing simplitec Power Suite product which is available at www.f-secure.com/booster. simplitec Power Suite contains all the same features and even more.

You can still use your purchased F-Secure BOOSTER license by downloading the application directly from here: https://download.sp.f-secure.com/booster/installer /f-secure-booster.exe. F-Secure BOOSTER will work normally until the end of 2017.

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure product page

Version history
Revision #:
20 of 20
Last update:
‎21-02-2017 01:51 PM
Updated by: