Using Macros with a mobile

Highlighted
Superuser

Using Macros with a mobile

When I use my phone to access the forum, even using the 'Full' forum interface, I cannot seem to use the full WYSIWYG editor, with the BBCode symbols, and Macros dropdown. Am I missing something or is the 'Full' interface still not quite 'Full' for mobiles?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Using Macros with a mobile

...and hello again, I have some more explanation on the matter from our supplier:

Unfortunately, Rich Text Editor is not supported on mobile OSes anymore.
There was a time when desktop view on a mobile device was exactly the same view you'd see on a desktop device - including the RTE -- but since the RTE misbehaved on mobile devices even under desktop view, it was (and is) suppressed.

Regards,
Ania
F-Secure Community Service Owner

Twitter: @aniaciuba
--------------------------------
Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Simon , we haven't run into any limitations int he full version of the community on mobiles before. We'll look into this, thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
Ania

Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Former F-Secure Employee

@Simon, could you also let us know what phone OS and browser you're using and whether you've had similar problems with other sites/forums?

Regards,
Ania

Former F-Secure Employee

...and hello again, I have some more explanation on the matter from our supplier:

Unfortunately, Rich Text Editor is not supported on mobile OSes anymore.
There was a time when desktop view on a mobile device was exactly the same view you'd see on a desktop device - including the RTE -- but since the RTE misbehaved on mobile devices even under desktop view, it was (and is) suppressed.

Regards,
Ania

View solution in original post

Superuser

OK, that explains it. Thanks for looking into this, Ania. :)
Superuser

Actually, this is quite frustrating, as it seems there isn't even a Search facility when using a mobile. Smiley Sad
Superuser

Forget the above - I've found it now! Smiley Very Happy
Superuser

Is it me, or has the Mobile interface now gone completely?
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon, you are right, we noticed some errors in the mobile interface and disabled it for now. It'll be restored after the fixes are in place. Thanks for bearing with us!

Regards,
Ania

Superuser

Anything further on this, @AniaC ? I noticed the mobile interface came back, but has gone again. Smiley Sad