cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nickname

Aspirant

Nickname

When I logged in today I was asked for a nick name.

Why was that?

I have previously logged in as I have a login.

Trying to enter what has been displayed as the "nick name" before I got the message that it is already in use.

How do I get to use my old one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Nickname

Hi @martink,

I have now swaped your new nickname to your old nickname. Since you mentioned you have removed/recreated the account, this would have happened due to that. You can now login and find your old nickname back in your account.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
11 REPLIES
Superuser

Hello,

Maybe you do use your account (mail-address) with current try (as your F-Secure subscription), but your previous account was with another mail-address.

If not... maybe with workdays F-Secure Community Managers/Moderators able to fix/advice properly!

Aspirant

Thanks, that sounds like it.
I had recently my account removed in order to process a subscription properly.
Lets wait and see if the nickname can be restored.

Aspirant

Has anybody else had their account reset/removed and then re-created with the same email?

If yes, what happened to the nickname?

Superuser

@martink_second wrote:

Has anybody else had their account reset/removed and then re-created with the same email?

If yes, what happened to the nickname?

Maybe your previous account is not removed (at least, nickname/profile still visible). Usually, when account is removed --> there start be nickname like "FormerMember" (at least, currently).

But possible that was manual 'edit'-action for mail-address (under certain profile). Like if  -- 'remove' mail-address for certain profile (your previous account). And with such situation -> under community was some situations when it goes be handled/fixed by F-Secure Staff (different view, but about one meanings). Probably.

Thanks!

Community Manager

Hi @martink,

I have now swaped your new nickname to your old nickname. Since you mentioned you have removed/recreated the account, this would have happened due to that. You can now login and find your old nickname back in your account.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Patron

Thanks. That should be now in order.
However, there was a catch: As this thread was started with the new nickname which I do not have any more I can't mark the above as the solution.

Tags (1)
Community Manager

Hi martink,

That's alright! I have marked it as a solution now.

Patron

Thanks.

Patron

Correct me if I am wrong:  The nick name martink_second still exists and also that gets notifications on all posts in this thread and  F-S IS image too large in low resolution?