Nickname

When I logged in today I was asked for a nick name.

Why was that?

I have previously logged in as I have a login.

Trying to enter what has been displayed as the "nick name" before I got the message that it is already in use.

How do I get to use my old one?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Maybe you do use your account (mail-address) with current try (as your F-Secure subscription), but your previous account was with another mail-address.

If not... maybe with workdays F-Secure Community Managers/Moderators able to fix/advice properly!

• martink_second
    martink_second Posts: 5 New Member

Thanks, that sounds like it.
    I had recently my account removed in order to process a subscription properly.
    Lets wait and see if the nickname can be restored.

• martink_second
    martink_second Posts: 5 New Member

Has anybody else had their account reset/removed and then re-created with the same email?

If yes, what happened to the nickname?

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@martink_second wrote:

Has anybody else had their account reset/removed and then re-created with the same email?

If yes, what happened to the nickname?

Maybe your previous account is not removed (at least, nickname/profile still visible). Usually, when account is removed --> there start be nickname like "FormerMember" (at least, currently).

But possible that was manual 'edit'-action for mail-address (under certain profile). Like if  -- 'remove' mail-address for certain profile (your previous account). And with such situation -> under community was some situations when it goes be handled/fixed by F-Secure Staff (different view, but about one meanings). Probably.

Thanks!

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Thanks. That should be now in order.
    However, there was a catch: As this thread was started with the new nickname which I do not have any more I can't mark the above as the solution.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

That's alright! I have marked it as a solution now.

• martink

Thanks.

• martink

Correct me if I am wrong:  The nick name martink_second still exists and also that gets notifications on all posts in this thread and  F-S IS image too large in low resolution?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi martink,

Yes, the nickname still exists but you can close that account as mentioned here. But in your case, since you are using your old nickname again, your account when you login will only show the old nickname and numbers.

Or let me know and I, as a moderator can help you to close the account. Do let me know if you would like me to close the new nickname account.

EDIT: Added information

• martink

Thanks again,

I think I'll just let it be. As the activity stops on these two thread there should not be any further notifications.

This discussion has been closed.