My Settings Page

Blackcat
Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

When logged in and clicking on My Settings, the page which comes up shows a lot of general information about F-Secure.

IMHO, it would be much better if this page only had the My Settings tags and nothing else.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    The page is also only partially encrypted, according to my web browser. If it's supposed to be secure (HTTPS), then it should be fully encrypted, shouldn't it?
  • Janiashvili
    Janiashvili Posts: 454 Adventurer
    No... Why encrypt things like buttons?
  • Simon
    Well, I guess it gives the user more of a sense of security if the page is fully encrypted. I wouldn't, for example, trust my banking website if half of it was only partially encrypted. Is there any reason NOT to encrypt things like buttons, ie, is it easier to create a page with only partial encryption, as opposed to one with full encryption?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon, no, there's no reason for partial encryption - we've had some outdated links to CSS here. Everything is updated and all the http references poin to https now - thanks again for noticing.

@Blackcat - true, there's a lot of noise in My settings page. We'll take that on during this Autumn's design changes.

• Simon

Hi Ania,

Thanks for your responses.  Unfortunately, my browsers (Firefox and SeaMonkey) are still saying that the page is only partially encrypted.  I'm guessing that perhaps it may be the links at the bottom of the pages which may be the culprits, but I have no idea about website design and security, so that may be completely wrong.

As has been said, perhaps buttons don't need to be encrypted, and as I have no personal info in my profile, other than my email address, which shouldn't be visible to anyone anyway, it isn't a big deal for me.  I just feel that on a website for a security product, secure pages should really appear as fully secure, not just partially so, otherwise, what impression does that give about the product itself?

Hopefully, with the 2014 redesign, this could be taken into consideration?

Cheers,

Simon.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Simon, thanks for letting us know. I'll check the links again and make sure they're updated.

This discussion has been closed.