Computer dead and all data lost

Flyvapnet
Flyvapnet Posts: 24 Explorer

My trusty "old" computing system died and took all my saved data wth it (to wherever the souls of dead computers go).  I've a new-to-me computing system and wish to intall the F-Secure products which have time remaining on their licenses; but all the electronic-mail messages, program folders and text files pertaining to those products are gone with the wind.

What should I do?  Help!  Thank you.

Cat Sad

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Flyvapnet,

I would recommend to contact our support team regarding your enquiry, so that they can assist you further in this.

• Flyvapnet
    Flyvapnet Posts: 24 Explorer

A link would have been helpful.

Cat Frustrated

• Enfcmedic384
    Enfcmedic384 Posts: 181 Enthusiast

I do not want to be an advertising troll person but, I have Prosoft's engineering's Data Rescue it has worked many, many times. I have even used the Mac Version to recover PC Data in the past. It used to be really affordable and did not come with a drive. It now has a drive with Firewire etc  here is the link to that service.

https://www.prosofteng.com/data-recovery-solutions/

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Hey, get back under your bridge! Smiley Very Happy

I've been using Acronis backup software for a while, and whilst I find it a complete pain in the whatsit, as it slows down my PC each time it takes a backup, I do draw some comfort from the fact that my files are as safe as I can keep them. That said, I've never actually needed to recover anything, as yet, so I'll reserve judgement on it's recovery capabilities.
This discussion has been closed.