"Turn On Firewall" flag on Windows startup

Simon
Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Since the last FSP upgrade, I've been getting a flag from FS at each startup saying my Firewall is switched off.  The flag then goes away after a few seconds, and the Firewall appears to be on and functioning correctly.  This has been happening on both my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

My experience based  only  on two Windows 10 systems (one of them with latest 1703 Windows Creator Update); I get this Firewall prompt practically each launch my system (or restart).

One system I not often to use - but all three/four "launches" comes with this notification.

Another system I do not restart too much often and there was just six "notifications" (but this not all times, when I restart / turn off-turn on  current system). And this is most of my "restarts system".

As example - some hours how I restart this system and there was missing notification about "firewall disabled" - but I also able to see that some of Family Rules features disabled OR at least - some of pages just do not blocked (which usually will be blocked). Still - not sure if it related (I time to time - have experience when Family Rules Content blocker do not work... and Security Cloud with 'connected'-status). :)

So, my "answer" about "Is anyone else seeing this?" - yes (at least - it valid for my experience too).

====

So, I just did else one restart. System loaded - notification prompted about "Windows disabled". And his certain URLs (which usually blocked as Family Rules Content Blocker), which not blocked (at visit) before restart - will blocked (at visit) after restart.

Sorry for my worst English.

Thanks.

• Tahvo
    Tahvo Posts: 45 Explorer

I have this same issue but on Windows 7 it doesnt change it is shown that firewall is off whole time.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Not being funny, but have you actually checked that the firewall is on?

• anzar25
    anzar25 Posts: 1 New Member

Es una falsa alarma

This discussion has been closed.