games block

Novice

games block

When starting up a game like e.g. PES 2011, F-secure won't startup the game.

If you disable deepscan it will, but a regular user with less patience will uninstall f secure or ask for a cashbakc.

Perhaps a gamemode button or option (like bitdefender has) would solve the problem?

Greetz' Morris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aspirant

Re: games block

Any and all settings, tried turning everything off and on in various combinations. I had to uninstall just to play. unistaller was hanging at 99% of my cpu at the end had to force it to close and reboot

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Hi Morris,

Could you please test again with the following settings:
DeepGuard activated

DeepGuards advanced process monitoring disabled

If the game works with the above settings, it might very well be related to a copy protection (DRM) or anti-cheating technology used by the game.

Those sometimes do not work with our advanved process monitoring.

If this is the case, please let us know.

Best regards,

Stephan

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Supporter

Yeah there is a bug when " DeepGuards advanced process monitoring disabled" is active it deletes tropico 3 game files and doesnt let mass effect run at all. 

Aspirant

Problems playing Battlestar Galatica Online beta. Forces Unity Player to close

Community Manager

Hi,

Tahvo: could you specify the behavior?

chrisf: with which settings?

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Any and all settings, tried turning everything off and on in various combinations. I had to uninstall just to play. unistaller was hanging at 99% of my cpu at the end had to force it to close and reboot

Aspirant

And just to let you know I tried with I.E. Chrome and Safari

Community Manager

Does the game work when unloading?

(right click on the F-Secure trayicon, select unload)

Note: this is a test, not a workaround or solution. Unloading means your computer is not protected!

Superuser

Hi,

my guess: Did you install with or without Parental Control? (switching it off is not the same!)

try uninstalling it from run or commandline:

<F-Secure>\Uninstall\fsuninst.exe" /UninstRegKey:"F-Secure Web Filter"

BR

Matthias
----------
perComp is a Platinum Partner of F-Secure since 1994. Any advice or help given by me in this forum is voluntarily and to my best knowledge based on working with the products since 1997. Direct contact for customers please check our homepage http://www.percomp.de