XFENCE updates?

Referring to the earlier discussion last summer, any news about the future of XFENCE? As far as I know there hasn't been a single update since then. Don't get me wrong, the app functionality works well and I'm quite happy with it, but there are some rough edges that would need some TLC.

For example, I'd really like to find a solution to the issue of endless prompts when dealing with complicated IO tasks like build processes. They're super frustrating to deal with and while you could deploy ancestor rules to avoid them, they come with a cost: as they're quite expensive to run, the IO easily starts dropping significantly.

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Posts: 6 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi!

Thank you for your post and sorry for the radio silence regarding XFENCE. We are planning an update for the standalone version in very near future (pretty safe to say within two months). Mostly bug fixes and such.

Thanks also for the feature suggestion about the endless prompts with build processes. We feel your pain and have been figuring out various ways to solve that. Some improvements have been made with the integrated version that should come out with our SAFE for Mac later this year.

• anonymouz4
    anonymouz4 Posts: 16 Explorer

You already told us that last year..

This discussion has been closed.